Thread: Mod for ancient ingame language of all units and factions available?

Default Mod for ancient ingame language of all units and factions available?

Europa Barbarorum team included it in EB mod, why is nobody working on a mod like this?

Is it even possible to change the ingame speech of all units (campaign map and battles)?

Default Re: Mod for ancient ingame language of all units and factions available?

As far as I know, it's not possible. A pitty yeah.

Default Re: Mod for ancient ingame language of all units and factions available?

Voices, No impossible for Attila/Rome 2.

Names for units? a few mods have latin etc names like DEI.

@Tyso3 - mate why don't you try to do the voices? or ask EB II team to help?

First of all we would have to ask EB Team for permission to use their Soundfiles.

We need a mod that supports:

1) EB1 Campaign Music
    2) Ancient language for all units, as far as possible. ( Cause EB1 had different factions and units )
    3) Change Unit Card names e.g. "Spartan Hoplites" to "Spartiatai Hoplitai"

Problem is, ive no idea where to start. Nor do I have any experience in creating mods.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Rome 2 will die quickly (if it ever lived). The official releases are without effort, and the mods cannot be that much different between them. Don't expect the richness of RTW or M2TW here. R2 still has SERIOUS flaws that cannot be fixed, because of the way it is made. New cities cannot be implemented, so all mods will always be the same... I won't go into battles (where 1 on 1 choreography is all there is to it, or the AI...). What more do you need for a strategy game to work?
    CA left RTW and M2TW to be fully moddable to make a name for themselves. Then, their merchantss became "cheats, cons, liars... Well, have I left anything out?" There's no fixing the unfixable. It would have happened by now

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    @Tyso3 - mate why don't you try to do the voices? or ask EB II team to help?
    The easier part would be getting all the actors etc to do voices or finding soundfiles to use.
    The hardpart is implementing them, since the wwise software does not have the structure to implement voice files, since CA never released them. It is technically possible due to how powerful wwise is. but for an untrained modder, could take years to do.

Quote Originally Posted by helli View Post
    First of all we would have to ask EB Team for permission to use their Soundfiles.

1) EB1 Campaign Music
    2) Ancient language for all units, as far as possible. ( Cause EB1 had different factions and units )

Problem is, ive no idea where to start. Nor do I have any experience in creating mods.
    I have two Music mods that are out and have been hugely successful over the years, both are available on the steam workshop. I believe someone also ported both the Rome 1 soundtrack and RTR soundtracks to Rome 2.
    The second and issues, like i said, use DEI. You will not be dissapointed.

1) EB1 Campaign Music

Infact, ill go one step further and just give you this youtube link. Sorry for quality but i use this video only for Previews on the steam workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXMtq8ZW7Q

It shows off your 3 points, and Yes i am using Divide Et Imperia (DEI)

1) Custom Music
    2) Diverse rosters for each nations
    3) Aincient unit card names

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

1)EB1 Campaign Music
    This should be doable as there was a mod that added music from EB, RSII, and more, but it has unfortunately not been updated.
    2) Ancient language for all units, as far as possible. ( Cause EB1 had different factions and units
    As far as I know, there is no way to mod the audio/SFX in the game.
    This is relatively simple, and there are many mods that do this. If you don't want to overhaul your game, you can download the PFM and edit the names individually in your own mod.
    1) Click File -> New to create a mod
    2) Click Files -> Add -> From Pack; this should open a window where you can navigate the packs in the Rome 2 folder
    3) Scroll down to local_en and click open
    4) This should open the PackBrowseDialog; expand the pack file and go to text -> db -> land_units.loc
    5) Click ok and save your mod
    6) When you open this file, it gives you access to all the land units' names and you can change them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    R2 still has SERIOUS flaws that cannot be fixed, because of the way it is made.
    Same for the older games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I won't go into battles (where 1 on 1 choreography is all there is to it, or the AI...).
    Demonstrably false for the 1 on 1. The AI isn't the best, but the same if not slightly better than the older games.