Page 44 of 306 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994144 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    Alright, my friends, after re-installing clean 6.4, up-to-date SSHIP V.9 including hotfix 1 & 2, I found out that all my issues above fixed when playing Early campaign. Everything seems to be cool. I can build Body guard with Tourney field and factions re-emerge after being destroyed.

However, the issues remain confusingly when playing Late campaign I really want to playing Mongol. Any advice to fix buidling Bodyguard and re-emerging issues, please help, brothers!

I thought any friend can try to play Mongol and destroy Seliuk or Georgia, let see them can re-emerge? And playing HRE to see any change to recruit Bodyguard?

Many many thanks.
    MWY, Lift ... can you help, please? Anyone?

Good Day all.

This isn't really a Bug-Report. more of a aesthetics-Question. Some of the Units, like the Spearmen or Seargents of western Europeans have new Skins, or even the complete Roster is reskinned/redesigned.

Yet some of the Units still have Vanilla-Skins, like Crossbow-Militia for example.
    Or the "Slavic Levies". Why are they still just reskinned, and not - for example - using the "Slavic Javelinmen" models, only with melee-Weaponry and animations?

This is, of course, in no way game breaking, but it somehow breaks the "Look" of an Army to have these awesome new Models standing next to the old, bland Vanilla ones.

Have I done something wrong perhaps?

Thank you very much for this Mod, Mod-Team

Civis

Quick noob technical question, is there a formatted version of the SSHIP V.9 Modeldb file available? The latest one was not formatted, is there a formatted version and, if not, how can I go about formatting the Modeldb file, help would be much appreciated!

Jarl Bread Maker's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    For those who knows a bit of modding, you need to edit the descr_sounds_accents.txt file. All accents are messed in that file. Once done, delete the .idx and .dat files in your sounds folder and you're done. Start the game and factions should have the accents that you have made.
    For instance, in my game, I gave Scottish accent to Scotland, Eastern European to Norway, Denmark, Poland, Novgorod, Kevian Rus, Lithuania, Hungary, Serbia and Cumans. It looks ok so far.
    I tried to do this and came across an issue, when I would delete the .idx and .dat files. All sound under "Effects" and "Speech" wouldn't work.
    Jarl Bread Maker | Gamer | Streamer | Bread Maker | Tester | New Zealander
    Twitter for streams and other thingys https://twitter.com/JarlBreadMaker
    Catch Streams here https://www.twitch.tv/jarlbreadmaker

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Good Day all.

This isn't really a Bug-Report. more of a aesthetics-Question. Some of the Units, like the Spearmen or Seargents of western Europeans have new Skins, or even the complete Roster is reskinned/redesigned.

Yet some of the Units still have Vanilla-Skins, like Crossbow-Militia for example.
    Or the "Slavic Levies". Why are they still just reskinned, and not - for example - using the "Slavic Javelinmen" models, only with melee-Weaponry and animations?

This is, of course, in no way game breaking, but it somehow breaks the "Look" of an Army to have these awesome new Models standing next to the old, bland Vanilla ones.

Have I done something wrong perhaps?

Thank you very much for this Mod, Mod-Team
    Not all unit rosters have been implemented so far. you'll have to be patient for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassanid Saxon
    Quick noob technical question, is there a formatted version of the SSHIP V.9 Modeldb file available? The latest one was not formatted, is there a formatted version and, if not, how can I go about formatting the Modeldb file, help would be much appreciated!
    ??? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bread Maker
    I tried to do this and came across an issue, when I would delete the .idx and .dat files. All sound under "Effects" and "Speech" wouldn't work.
    You descr_sounds_accents.txt file should look like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;

accent English
    factions england
    accent Scottish
    factions scotland
    accent French
    factions France
    accent German
    factions hre
    accent Mediterranean
    factions venice, pisa, sicily, papal_states, byzantium, spain, portugal, aragon, timurids, slave
    accent East_European
    factions kievan_rus, russia, poland, hungary, denmark, norway, lithuania, teuttonic_order, cumans
    accent Arabic
    factions milan, turks, moors, egypt, kwarzm, rum
    accent Mongolian
    factions mongols
    accent Jerusalem
    faction jerusalem

That should work that way.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default I can't defend my cities??

Hi!
    So I just installed this mod to a clean install of SS 6.4. And in my campaigns I can't defend my cities, the enemy just walks in and takes the city. For example in my latest campaign as venice, My main army was taking a rebel city next to me, And i had around 5 units in venice. Then out of no where a small rebel army appears walks into venice without giving me an option to defend, That resulted in me losing the campaing because I had no settlements left. Is this normal? Surely it can't be right?

Default Re: I can't defend my cities??

I've never experienced that myself. Sounds very odd.
    Were you by some chance playing Hotseat? I seem to remember that only player 1 get to play a defensive battle. Other players get auto-calculated, which could be what happened to you?

No, I was playing the regular early era campaing. This also happened to me when I tried playing as the french, But I had to quit that aswell since I kept losing cities like that which ed my economy.

Blog Entries

Wrong thread. You should have posted it in the "Bugs Reports & Technical Help" thread

Beside that, that the 1st time we get that kind of issue.
    Can you explain how you installed SSHIP?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Wrong thread. You should have posted it in the "Bugs Reports & Technical Help" thread

Beside that, that the 1st time we get that kind of issue.
    Can you explain how you installed SSHIP?
    Sorry for the wront thread.
    And I installed it by installing Stainless steel first, That I did by installing the 6.3 version and the the 6.4 version after (acording to the instructions), Then I ran the SS setup and selected the early campaign and savage AI and permanent arrows.
    Then I dragged the SSHIP 0.9 short to the data folder of the SS folder. Then I renamed the SS folder to "americas" So I can play it via steam. Also I have installed SS earlier and had no problems with that.

Blog Entries

Installation seems correct. Can you confirm that you installed the "short" SSHIP version with both hotfixes included?

Installation seems correct. Can you confirm that you installed the "short" SSHIP version with both hotfixes included?
    Yeah, I installed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassanid Saxon View Post
    you got too open it with notepad ++

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is what I was talking about with the siege towers failing to work properly.

http://imgur.com/a/Xoyff

Ladders face the same fat unfortunately.
    Last edited by Henry X; February 02, 2016 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    This is what I was talking about with the siege towers failing to work properly.

hahahaha it is funny!!! siege fail!!!they did not calculate well hahaha
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

While playing in Late campaign:

1) Can anyone build Bodyguard while playing as Holy roman empire? I have built Tourney field but still cannot recruit them.

2) Also, can you guys make dead faction re-emerge?

I really love this mod but being stuck in these 2 issues... please help, my friends

@Minhnd6789
    I believe that dead factions do reemerge under the right circumstances. In my campaign the Abassids reemerged when a rebellion was instigated in Mesopotamia, though they only took back Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    @Minhnd6789
    I believe that dead factions do reemerge under the right circumstances. In my campaign the Abassids reemerged when a rebellion was instigated in Mesopotamia, though they only took back Baghdad.
    Your Abbasid re-emerging happen in Late campaign, bro? I have got no problem with Early campaign, but it is very odd in Late one.

Also, can you check recruiting Bodyguard while playing HRE in Late campaign?
    Last edited by minhnd6789; February 02, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

I'm playing as the Khilafah (?), the faction that controls Baghdad. The music that plays is as if I was a Christian faction; it's not supposed to I guess? I have the bugfixes, as well as the sound fix for not having an English Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post

"trust me i am an engineer"