Thread: Unit cards for naval units for all major races. Taken from the game's data files.

Miles

Default Unit cards for naval units for all major races. Taken from the game's data files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...l_major_races/

Link to full gallery
    http://imgur.com/a/fjAjA

I found this on reddit. Dwarfen Dreadnaught!

Greenskin Hulk

Last edited by wis; May 29, 2016 at 07:12 AM.

Default Re: Unit cards for naval units for all major races. Taken from the game's data files.

Ok, the possibilities are two:
    -they came up with them for a DLC
    -they were in the game, but because the game was rushed they were not finished, together with naval battles...

All in all, those are two bleak possibilities

Default Re: Unit cards for naval units for all major races. Taken from the game's data files.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus View Post
    Ok, the possibilities are two:
    -they came up with them for a DLC
    -they were in the game, but because the game was rushed they were not finished, together with naval battles...

All in all, those are two bleak possibilities
    Orrrrr they are assests for the second expansion already in place.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius Silvanus Tacitus View Post
    You will find cut or unfinished content in any game that you can access the game files.

I actually think it's a good thing they have started on it already.

Hopefully they are working hard on the naval battles to improve them from their post ETW/NTW state. The naval battles with no cannons just haven't been very fun.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    You will find cut or unfinished content in any game that you can access the game files.

I actually think it's a good thing they have started on it already.

Hopefully they are working hard on the naval battles to improve them from their post ETW/NTW state. The naval battles with no cannons just haven't been very fun.
    FOTS naval battles were cool. I had fun playing them. And modded NTW battles were much better than vanilla, very near to the point of having fun.

But I don't understand why they would not tell that naval battle expansion is on the way, it's a big selling argument for mny isn't it ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I thought they had decided to do away with Naval battles, but they`ve simply left that piece of the game out to SELL it later?

Ah, CA, you certainly know how to take advantage of the impressionable.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I thought they had decided to do away with Naval battles, but they`ve simply left that piece of the game out to SELL it later?

Well, they said "no navy battles in the first game". Which kinda makes sense, since the map works very good with land units only and if you have plenty else to finish for rlease and do noit need something like this right now, you can leave it for later.

However they showed this

at GXP in 2015, we have harbors and transports in the game and everyone who knows Warhammer lore, knows also that when the expansion comes that take us west, to the new world, we will have two races who rely heavily on naval fleets

It makes sense to add naval combat at the time, Ulthuan & Naggaroth are shown on the map and have themselves a standalone game to fill with content

-----Red Dox

Unit stats for the ships exist in the files, see at the bottom of the unit list : http://www.honga.net/totalwar/warham..._dwf_dwarfs&i=

My guess is that they started implementing a very basic autoresolved naval system and then cut it in favor of transported armies only for whatever reason.

The reason they probably cut it is untill Naggaroth and Lustria is added, there's really no need for navies at all. Other than making a hop between the Empire and Norse, I can't think of a single time I even used a boat.
    People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.
    -Dan Quayle

I hope they give us a wide variety of ships and sea beasts from the tabletop navy games for Warhammer. It'd be pointless otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post

And you certainly have the ability to extrapolate bizarre conclusions based on nothing. Adding naval battles in the first game would be pointless but no, lets not have them at all simply because they weren't in the first game. Logic!
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The only faction that is anywhere near water is the Empire. When the inevetable elf game comes along they are on an Island. Three guesses on what is going to be the sell point of the second game? Anyone?

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

There's also the possibility that it was cut earlier in development because the feature didn't mesh well with the rest of the game, which seems likely due to the fact that there's not much water on the map.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

every tw game had cut content that can be found by digging the game files. not because its a evil conspiracy but because every game does the same thing. they have concept they go ahead with production. some things will get done, some will be canceled due to many factors (didn't fit well on the overall game in later dev stage, too buggy and didn't worked well and got cut off, budget stoped from getting completed.....etc etc) so many assets end being packed along with the final game. some people really like to twist things and have some weird vendetta against CA...... (they know who i'm talking about)

i don't remenber who...but someone here (i think) got the base map, and the used/visible part is just a portion of the whole thing....so i guess we will get a big expansion that will require the main game that covers enough of sea to justify the assets and so on......
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Like when do you need a navy, ever? In the lore, the empire constantly got attacked from chaos tribes in norsca, but never built a navy to defend it's border.

There's really no point to having naval battles before ulthuan and the high elves are added

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

The Greenskins don't need a navy, but you'll be using the seas often enough from The Blood River Valley and the Western Badlands. I don't think it meshed with the game in it's final state. Pointless really.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    The only faction that is anywhere near water is the Empire. When the inevetable elf game comes along they are on an Island. Three guesses on what is going to be the sell point of the second game? Anyone?
    I think the most probably is that this feature will be released on the New title,i mean next part of twarhammer cause of the lackness of sea areas un this map.Also the next part will incluye more seas and Thats Why i think they 're waiting for this to give us naval battles.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Well if they add naval combat again, I am fine with only 3 ships per race, as long I can make a naval landing battle ^^

there are a monster on the waves, its name is Black arks!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on