Page 73 of 306 FirstFirst ... 234863646566676869707172737475767778798081828398123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 6118

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Always ready MWY, aren't you?

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kapouchet's Avatar Laetus

Thanks for the reply guys! So I've taken a look into the campaign_script file and found the events. However I'm having trouble interpreting these. Here is from high era campaign_script

;===================== ABBASID EVOLUTION ========================

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType milan

set_event_counter first_mamluks_abbasid 1

add_events
    event counter mamluks_established_abbasid
    date 35
    end_add_events

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;===================== FATIMID TO AYYUBID TRANSITION ========================

set_event_counter first_mamluks 1

add_events
    event counter mamluks_established
    date 10
    end_add_events

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;===================== AYYUBID TO MAMLUK TRANSITION ========================

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Damascus
    and FactionType mongols
    and I_EventCounter ayyubids_rise > 0
    and not I_EventCounter mamluks_rise > 0

historic_event mamluks_rise
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Damascus
    and FactionType mongols
    and I_EventCounter ayyubids_rise = 0

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType egypt

if I_FactionLeaderTrait egypt Royal_Blood_Mamluk = 1
    end_if

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

And here is from imperial campaign
    :

;===================== ABBASID EVOLUTION ========================

;---------------------- player ---------------------------
    monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    and NumBuildingsCompletedFaction p_large_town > 2
    and I_NumberOfSettlements milan > 3
    and I_TurnNumber > 60
    and FactionType milan
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and not I_EventCounter abbasids_rise > 0

historic_event abbasids true
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber > 70
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and not I_EventCounter abbasids_rise > 0

historic_event abbasids true
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType abbasids_accepted
    and EventCounter = 1

historic_event abbasids_rise

add_events
    event counter first_mamluks_abbasid
    date 60
    date 100
    end_add_events

set_event_counter abbasids_accepted 0
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType abbasids_declined
    and EventCounter = 1

add_events
    event counter first_mamluks_abbasid
    date 100
    date 140
    end_add_events

set_event_counter abbasids_declined 0
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType first_mamluks_abbasid
    and EventCounter = 1
    and I_EventCounter abbasids_rise = 0

historic_event abbasids_rise

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

I don't even have basic knowledge in scripting, but my understanding would be that Mongols have to occupy Damascus in order to trigger the mamluks_rise, abbasid_rise and eventually mamluks established timers according to the set dates. However it is still gibberish, am I far from it? If so, would anybody be so kind to help me understand those files. Or summarize to me the conditions needed for them to appear in the recruitment list. I know I could just manually remove the conditions from export_descr_building to have the mamluks available but I would like to time my campaign and conquests to have them after some effort so I can make a great Abbasid Mamluks rise story.

Thanks for your help.

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Not sure if its been mentioned in an earlier post but to get King of France ancillary in "export_descr_ancillaries.txt"file it says you need to take Norwich.

I have a problem with this version of the mod, i have CTD after a battle, it has happened to me lots of times in late era campaign, after i won a battle in a siege and after i executed the soldiers the game crashed, this didnt happen with the older version of the mod

Blog Entries

I guess that it happens randomly, no matter where and against who you fought, right?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I guess that it happens randomly, no matter where and against who you fought, right?
    Yes, always after a battle when it returns to the campaign map

Blog Entries

Have you done the update to get a detailed log? If not, go to the 1st post. There's a link to the thread explaining how to.
    Then, next time it happens, save your log before to restart the game and post it here. Hopefully, we can see the reason of that issue.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Orthodox/Catholics/Muslims churches_level_1 have religion_level bonus .5
    I'm not sure if that works at all, because it is not displayed by info in game (religion conversion bonus 0%)
    Even it that works somehow, would it be better to set conversions as 1/2/3/5/10 instead of 0.5/2/3/5/10?

Level 2 buildings have mostly religion_level bonus 2, so it will correspond with religion_level bonus 1 for level 1 of those buildings.

Technically it's not a bug, but this thread should be fine for this.

Blog Entries

The religion conversion is quite high already from my opinion. It should be slower than it is at present. When you conquer a region with a different religion, you basically just need a couple of priests and a religious building (no matter the level) and you can see how fast the conversion to your religion goes. Not really accurate actually

Regarding your question, that's because the game doesn't display the "fractionned" numbers but only the "entire" one. So actually, even if it says 0%, it is 0.5%.

in the german city of Ulm, miss the trait of the city for the general
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

The religion conversion is quite high already from my opinion. It should be slower than it is at present. When you conquer a region with a different religion, you basically just need a couple of priests and a religious building (no matter the level) and you can see how fast the conversion to your religion goes. Not really accurate actually .
    I share this opinion and I would strongly support nerfing the religious conversion speed. Please give Longer Assimilation back to SS!

Blog Entries

I need to have a look on how it works as I have actually no idea for now

i don´t know if it was already mentioned: 18:04:34.492 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE218:04:34.492 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:04:34.496 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:04:34.496 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:04:34.497 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:04:34.497 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:04:34.498 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:04:34.498 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:04:58.952 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1156, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    18:04:59.074 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10490, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    18:05:10.765 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alganor View Post
    i don´t know if it was already mentioned: 18:04:34.492 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE218:04:34.492 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:04:58.952 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1156, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    18:04:59.074 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10490, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    18:05:10.765 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    yes i also have the same bug....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Which Italian faction please?

Which Italian faction please?
    No problem Lifth, i sent a complete system.log to MWY for he solve my big problem, i guess that is maybe for this....

Game crashes during the AI's turn
    Q: The game crashes during the AI's turn and the error log just says the mod has crashed.

A: There are several possible causes:

1) The trigger for a trait is incorrectly written. I once had this problem when the trigger's 'WhenToTest' was 'GeneralAssaultsGeneral', rather than 'PostBattle'. You can test this by deleting the triggers of all your traits in the 'data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt' and 'data/export_descr_character_traits.txt' files (create backups before doing this) and loading the mod to see if the crash stops.

2) A culture has a trait excluded but the corrisponding 'antitrait' is not excluded. This causes a problem when a general or agent switches from a trait to its antitrait (due to a loss or gain of skill points).

3) The mod will also crash if an agent without a name gets an Epithet. This can be fixed by changing the agent's name in the 'data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt' and restarting the mod so it uses the new name.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I have a problem with building Food Administration. I'm trying to build it, but a turn before the building would be completed, it is for no apparent reason canceled (simply: I end the turn, and after all factions do their turn, I open the city - and nothing is being built, the Food Administration building is ready to be bought.
    Does anybody knows what's happening?

Sorry for double posting, but I think I've found a mistake in EDB:

building Local Recruitment:
    - p_large_town (Local Guard) gives -5% PO happines, but:
    - p_city gives +10% PO happines.

How it should be? Minus or plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Alganor View Post
    That literally doesn't say anything sadly. The first two errors occur every single time you start a campaign, are intented and dont affect the game negatively.

@Jurand: EDB stats are intented. I'll look into the food administration bug.

Thanks, MWY.
    I also have some question about the teutonic knights chapter houses. When I play Poland, it's available in a few regions, but the text say "Do not translate ... not meant for this culture".
    My questions are: what are you going to do with the TO in future? Do you foresee the precence in Hungary (Transilvania/Siebenburgen), as the history at the beginning of 13c. would suggest? (maybe they're already present, I haven't checked).
    My 5 cents on history:
    - there're very rare cases when the Knight Orders (not only TO) would be part of the fighting forces of the Polish dukes,
    - the Teutonic Order was invited to Poland exactly to do this by a Mazowian prince. Soon the TO state emerged and for almost a century time Polish dukes were friendly and helpful to TO, they fought along the Prussians. Only when TO took Gdansk (1309) the situation changed. But only to some extent, as there're no fundamental enmity from the Polish nobles to the TO: they were all Christians and had common enemies (Prussians, Lithuanians) after all).
    - afther the personal union between PL and LT in 1386 the wars eruped, ending after 1,5 centuries with vassalization of the TO state to the PL crown.
    My suggestion would be:
    - make the chapter houses available also for Poland/Hungary factions,
    - don't allow recruitment from the chapter houses for PL/HU,
    - I'd rather give chapter houses +order bonusses, not +growth (or maybe +growth at the higher levels to reflect attraction of the Saxonian/Frankonian/other settlers)
    - make a similar rebellion mechanism as for the templars (as in the description to the SSHIP: "there are too many major templar buildings, the templar will strife for power and unleash unrest in your settlements. So keep things in balance.") to simulate the possible emergence of the TO state in Siebenburgen or in Prussia/Pomerelia.
    It's just a suggestion, thanks for your previous work on SSHIP, it's a very good mod
    JoC