Thread: Any medieval 2 / stainless steel modders working in this?

Default Any medieval 2 / stainless steel modders working in this?

Is there any?

Approximately how can this compare to m2tw ss? Because I don't play/familiar with tw games after m2tw...

Default Re: Any medieval 2 / stainless steel modders working in this?

Nope, there are no stainless steel or stainless steel modders in the works of this mod (People are always welcomed to help out).

Besides the fact that we are an Attila Mod and not a Medieval 2 mod, our difference from other Mod titles are that we keep a "Historically Correct" mindset, and not a "Historically Accurate" view point. What I mean by historically correct is that we implement a "what-if" scenario into the factions that historically fall out during the set timeperiod. I think we're flexible enough to include our own spin of perspectives, but we're also a team of skeptics that makes sure everything is set in the correct moment of time and looks right for a culture. We like to draw our inspiration directly from artifacts and medieval art rather than rely solely on modern art such as Osprey publishers.

Of course we're still in the big works of an ambitious project, but I hope we're at least worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Nope, there are no stainless steel or stainless steel modders in the works of this mod (People are always welcomed to help out).

Besides the fact that we are an Attila Mod and not a Medieval 2 mod, our difference from other Mod titles are that we keep a "Historically Correct" mindset, and not a "Historically Accurate" view point. What I mean by historically correct is that we implement a "what-if" scenario into the factions that historically fall out during the set timeperiod. I think we're flexible enough to include our own spin of perspectives, but we're also a team of skeptics that makes sure everything is set in the correct moment of time and looks right for a culture. We like to draw our inspiration directly from artifacts and medieval art rather than rely solely on modern art such as Osprey publishers.

Of course we're still in the big works of an ambitious project, but I hope we're at least worth a try.
    As someone who was following m2tw mods a bit extensively long ago, I would say maybe you need to contact some of those guys

In partucular broken crescent mod guys, dominion of the sword mod guys, stainless steel sub mod (RR/RC, HURB, SSHIP) guys, (and maybe basileia thon romaion mod guys) I believe they had enough expertise as well as research materials they gathered long ago...

Now I admit I'm blind about how much has changed in game mechanics compared to m2tw, however at least I wish this mod can have at least the more advanced SS units recruitment system (from those sub mods I mentioned), in there we didn't build barracks and archery ranges and the likes to recruit the traditional gamey units but a centralized system with support buildings (barracks grant bonus to infantries etc) plus the regional units system, meaning we don't popup irish highlanders on middle east and such, only the most elite units and most professional units trainable outside their native regions, and thus also push the emphasis on recruiting local units and local mercs to support your armies, especially when waging war outside your core starting area.

Is that possible here?
    Last edited by napoleonic; November 16, 2016 at 10:14 PM.

It's an untested possibility, but no promises. A week or two ago I discussed with someone about creating a system like the one you mentioned. We're still in the process of creating the most basic feature of the game, so creating something nifty and unique in script is something our guy Causeless is going to have control over. That or anybody with scripting wizardry skills can contribute a something.
    Last edited by Slytacular; November 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    It's an untested possibility, but no promises. A week or two ago I discussed with someone about creating a system like the one you mentioned. We're still in the process of creating the most basic feature of the game, so creating something nifty and unique in script is something our guy Causeless is going to have control over. That or anybody with scripting wizardry skills can contribute a something.
    good, I really wish you guys succeed, it has been a decade since medieval 2 and a "remastered" version of those late m2tw mods are basically my dream tw game :-/

however seeing your particular post it give me sadness that such a decade old game feature (albeit modded) is a question mark for the newer games

ps : I implore you guys to contact m2tw modders, not only for the expertise and materials but also some more awareness for this mod because there are a lot tw fans out there (and m/2tw fans) who probably don't know about this

heck I just found out about this one hour ago when someone posted your trailers on gamespot forum
    Last edited by napoleonic; November 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

I'd like to chime in here. One of the biggest distinctions MK has from any Medieval 2 mod is the scale. The only constraints we have are region and settlement placement, but limits like the 31 faction limit and 500 unit limit are not a problem for us. We can work with naval battles unlike Medieval 2 as well. Because we don't have such constraints, we can basically combine Broken Crescent, Tsardoms Total War, War of the West, and Stainless Steel without having to sacrifice factional representation. so we can have various minor vassals of the Khwarazmian Empire, most of the states of the Holy Roman Empire, and othersuch depth all on the same campaign map. As stated in the mod's description, we try to take cues and inspiration from Medieval 2's mods. About half of Sicily's roster is inspired by a mod called Complete Sicilian Unit Roster by Italian modder Mr. Crow and several Islamic units were inspired by Broken Crescent already.

I hope that gives you some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I'd like to chime in here. One of the biggest distinctions MK has from any Medieval 2 mod is the scale. The only constraints we have are region and settlement placement, but limits like the 31 faction limit and 500 unit limit are not a problem for us. We can work with naval battles unlike Medieval 2 as well. Because we don't have such constraints, we can basically combine Broken Crescent, Tsardoms Total War, War of the West, and Stainless Steel without having to sacrifice factional representation. so we can have various minor vassals of the Khwarazmian Empire, most of the states of the Holy Roman Empire, and othersuch depth all on the same campaign map. As stated in the mod's description, we try to take cues and inspiration from Medieval 2's mods. About half of Sicily's roster is inspired by a mod called Complete Sicilian Unit Roster by Italian modder Mr. Crow and several Islamic units were inspired by Broken Crescent already.

I hope that gives you some insight.
    that is awesome to hear the confirmation that the old number limit is gone, because when I saw your faction previews I thought they have even less units

now if you can figure out to mimic or improve m2tw regional unit system it will be the perfect medieval 3 unofficial experience at least units recruitment wise...

what can you tell me about provinces and cities here? IIRC in these newer tw games you have several cities in a province right? and kind of villages or such? how many are you planning to have?

also is it true the mod start at 1212? no earlier date? wasn't the cuman supposedly almost extinct at that date?

edit

btw why did you cut out upper scandinavia and russia by that much? especially given there is no such limit as you just admitted?
    Last edited by napoleonic; November 16, 2016 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    btw why did you cut out upper scandinavia and russia by that much? especially given there is no such limit as you just admitted?
    There is no faction and unit count limit, but the campaign map is not moddable for now, i.e. we cannot add new regions from the Attila map.