Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

About the names: not possible in a simple way

About Portugal, that's true in principle, wasn't that much in "practice"
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    About the names: not possible in a simple way

About Portugal, that's true in principle, wasn't that much in "practice"
    Yes in practice Portugal depends much in spanish kingdoms and also templars were very importants in for the new kingdom conquest many lands for portugueses so i think that is more aproppiate called kingdom for the rest of the game that comitatus or county...
    And about generic names for factions with differents dynasties or periods as moors or egyptians you think change this or continue with current names?

On the other hand, you research about templar orders and their costumes? It is about black dress of templars sergeants and worst quality of armament than i told you some previous post
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Is possible represent in sship a change of name in faction?
    A kind of similar issue are the names of the settlements. They may be important in 1132, but as the time passed by their position was taken over by another cities.
    Eg. Moscow gained prominence at the beginning of 14th century so Rostov or Suzdal should be replaces as capitals of a province. Or Lviv took over the position of Halych. Or Vilnius of Kernave (well, Kernave never developed into a full-fledged city/castle).
    I see three solutions:
    - the initial names for the High or Late campaigns might be changed (is it possible?) and maybe the positions of the settlements on the map (is it possible?)
    - if the permanent stone forts would be implemented then forts of those new cities can be added by script (well, in general I'm against the PST idea due to AI being not able to handle them)
    - or players themselves can change the names . I usualy do it for some of my settlements.
    But it should be the last issue we should be busy with. It'd be just polishing thing, while there's much work beforehand to be done.

Blog Entries

The factions'names can be changed during campaigns like miguel_80 did in his mod. Though it will requier some scripts and the removal of at least one faction and may be a batch file. So basically, quite a lot of work.
    The settlements can't be changed during the game as it would requier a new map for each change. Again, PSF can be used to reflect minor settlements but as JoC mentionned, the AI can't handle them.
    All in all, I'm joining JoC when he said that there's more important work to be done before that
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I´m giving this mod a second try playing as Pisa, so far I like it. I would really like to see factions having their special units or something in their roaster, atleast one or two would be fine. Maybe more choices when it comes to building stuff. Im really looking foward to the next version. Any idea when will it come out? Seems like its almost one year without an update

Good mod

Blog Entries

@ Dapacem, we're doing our best

@ Cody712, thanks for your kind words.

This great mod need new good medieval music, Vanilla is already tired of listening
    Can we expect new music in the new release?

Hi guys. It's been a long time since last time I posted anything here but I have been meaning to ask something about the Mongol Invasion. I remember reading that it had been reworked and it's suppose to be "really scary now" but on the last campaign that I was playing some time ago very less armies spawned, i think only 12 total, instead of the usual 20'ish and some of their units have been nerfed so.... how is it more scary? Is it possible that I'm experiencing some kind of bug? I mean I was playing as the fatimids and by the time the mongols were invading I had control from bagdad to constantinople... I had a several elite armies that I gathered to face the advance of the mongols, so they really don't seem to have a chance of tanking over half the map...

In my game Mongols arrived to Marv in 1221. I think there could be 20 armies indeed. However, they had much troubles in taking anything: they sieged the rebels settlements (they rebelled from the Seljucs), but didn’t attack. After 10 years they took Marv only to lose it back. After another 10 years they took 2 provinces, and then they expanded to 7 regions. They’re about to destroy Seljucs, but not really a threat for the others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gercog View Post
    This great mod need new good medieval music, Vanilla is already tired of listening
    Can we expect new music in the new release?
    Not for now as I haven't looked for music free of use.

Yes,if would be great add new medieval music, i guess that jurcek did a music minimod, maybe he could support this part
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I just don't get how my generals keep getting negative traits like "not constructive" or "coward". My Lithuanian settlements are ridiculously tiny so there is nothing to construct until they can be upgraded. So I leave a general with some chivalrous trait there to accelerate growth. After maybe 10-20 turns or so, they all get this "not constructive" trait. As for "coward", I just can't figure out what triggers it. This is is really frustrating. Without GTCS, it is even more frustrating (different negative traits).

What should I do? Just leave empty the settlement where there is nothing to build? How do I train young generals in such settlement?
    Last edited by alpharomeo; November 26, 2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammar

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Garrison Mini Mod v.1.1 for SSHIP is ready for download, see here in MiniMods.
    Please do not respond here -> go into mod thread.

Whats New & Key Features :

• Player siegeing & attacking AI walls = Large garrison for AI, with one stronger unit, in larger settlements it will be Heavy Infantry.
    • AI attacking AI = medium garrison.
    • AI attacking Player = small garrison for player
    • Garrisons raised only when storming the walls (besieging is not enough to garrison be created), both for player & AI.
    • re - worked garrisons units assignment for every factions, more local troops based on factions & regions & hidden resources
    • It's a stable & polished version.
    • documentation included

Please do not respond here -> go into mod thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alpharomeo View Post
    I just don't get how my generals keep getting negative traits like "not constructive" or "coward". My Lithuanian settlements are ridiculously tiny so there is nothing to construct until they can be upgraded. So I leave a general with some chivalrous trait there to accelerate growth. After maybe 10-20 turns or so, they all get this "not constructive" trait. As for "coward", I just can't figure out what triggers it. This is is really frustrating. Without GTCS, it is even more frustrating (different negative traits).

What should I do? Just leave empty the settlement where there is nothing to build? How do I train young generals in such settlement?
    Move them out, nuke the religious building, then move them in and have them build it.

Also helps boost their Chivalry rating.

Quote Originally Posted by alpharomeo View Post

Hi Alpharomeo,
    - "not constructive" - the problem is there's a vanilla (or SS) trigger giving 5% chance of getting this traits if 1. there's money in the treasury, 2. there's possibility to build something. 3) a general stays in a settlement 2 years or more. If you don’t have any building to be built, your problem would be a puzzle since there’re no other trigger.s However, I think there’s always one possibility – rebuilding from castle to city, and vice versa (this is vanilla/SS issue). For the higher levels of cities (when you cannot convert) in the SSHIP the problem doesn’t get away since you're not supposed to build everything what is possible (eg gallows - you don't build them in your home cities).
    A general shouldn’t get a bad builder in both cases so I’d planned to fix it in GTCS. I didn’t spend time on it and I need to think how to do it (what conditions should be used). I’m thinking about something more complicated, but it’s not ready now. I’ll try to hurry up ;-)
    If you want you may just delete it yourself:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger governing_Not_Building
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
           and BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash
           and TimeInRegion > 3

Affects BadBuilder 1 Chance 5
    I don’t know why a solution provided by Alavaria would work in the long run. If you do it every turn – yes, you break the condition of not building. But if you stay in the same province, it’s just for time of building a building. Any building is sufficient for it, not only religious.

- "coward" - I have the intention it should happen 1 time for 100 turns in a city (there's a trigger for it, I experienced it in my game). I think it’s needed for the gameplay since otherwise "coward" would be very rare and just another unimportant traits never appearing in the game. I added also 3% perpetuation to provide players with incentive to do something (go fighting!) if your general gets Coward. If we think about realities of life, a general just sitting in a city enjoys life, forgets what does it mean to fight, and get's cowardly more and more.
    I don’t see any other reason in the code for him to get Coward. It’s 1% per general per turn of living in a settlment, so depending how many settlements and how many are already coward you‘ve got it may appear frequently.
    Nevertheless, the main message from getting coward is: go and fight!

Code:
    Trigger Coward_In_Settlement

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
           and RemainingMPPercentage > 99
           and not SettlementBuildingExists >= wooden_castle

Affects Coward 1 Chance 1

Trigger Coward_Selfperpetuating

Condition Trait Coward > 0
           and Wantschool < 1 

Affects Coward 1 Chance 3
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 27, 2016 at 09:44 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The factions'names can be changed during campaigns like miguel_80 did in his mod. Though it will requier some scripts and the removal of at least one faction and may be a batch file. So basically, quite a lot of work.
    The settlements can't be changed during the game as it would requier a new map for each change. Again, PSF can be used to reflect minor settlements but as JoC mentionned, the AI can't handle them.
    All in all, I'm joining JoC when he said that there's more important work to be done before that
    Settlement names can be changed by script, so for settlements that are somewhat close to eachother the name could be changed without settlements being completely misplaced geographically. Seeing as that wouldn't be the case for many places though I doubt it's worth the effort. Kernave/Vilnius and Halych/Lviv are close enough together though.

Btw, you guys plan to include a late capaing in the future release?

Thank you for the reply, Jurand. In fact, thank you for your time and effort for putting out GTCS.

I have only play 80 turns, so I don't know how the "coward" trait can appear, based on the code. It was preceded by "Faltering courage" actually. So could it comes from some other rule? I have taken one general with "faltering courage" to one or more battles and he lost the trait. I tried for a "coward" general but, so far, nothing.

My general got the "non constructive" from a small settlement which I tried to grow with his chivalrous trait. There was nothing to build. It's puzzling, indeed. As Lithuania, I don't get much spare cash anyway.

Where does "skewed view" comes from ? Building the brothel? Does the trait level up?

What really drives me crazy is the "dubious" trait. It's a 10% loss in tax revenue and I have no idea what cause it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vic_chan666 View Post
    Btw, you guys plan to include a late capaing in the future release?
    There's already one but that's a beta version