Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE DIVIDED'S FIRST REVIEWS ARE IN AND...

Icon13 EMPIRE DIVIDED'S FIRST REVIEWS ARE IN AND...

With an average of 65% over 100% so far, it is not looking too good for CA.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/to...empire-divided
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ivided-review/

While most reviewers praised CA for returning to an older tittle to improve it and also the new politics system was well received, the final scores are still mixed because of the lack of real polish and deep bug fixing.

Lets wait for the user's reviews thou.

Sadly, the consensus from the critics so far is that Empire Divided looks like a missed opportunity for CA to regain the trust of millions of players by finally squishing the remaining real issues with Rome 2.

A good way for CA to increase its Empire Divided's sales, if you ask me, is that they announce that while not at release, they will still work on another future patch/update for Rome 2 to finally address most of what reviewers and fans alike have been asking to be fixed/improved.

All in all, Rome 2 still remains CA's most successful tittle to date and I am sure that if they deliver, even after all these years, then the next historical tittle will sell just as well as players will gain hope and renew their trust in the company and Sega again.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: EMPIRE DIVIDED'S FIRST REVIEWS ARE IN AND...

Quote Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
    With an average of 65% over 100% so far, it is not looking too good for CA.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/to...empire-divided
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ivided-review/

While most reviewers praised CA for returning to an older tittle to improve it and also the new politics system was well received, the final scores are still mixed because of the lack of real polish and deep bug fixing.

Lets wait for the user's reviews thou.

Sadly, the consensus from the critics so far is that Empire Divided looks like a missed opportunity for CA to regain the trust of millions of players by finally squishing the remaining real issues with Rome 2.

A good way for CA to increase its Empire Divided's sales, if you ask me, is that they announce that while not at release, they will still work on another future patch/update for Rome 2 to finally address most of what reviewers and fans alike have been asking to be fixed/improved.

All in all, Rome 2 still remains CA's most successful tittle to date and I am sure that if they deliver, even after all these years, then the next historical tittle will sell just as well as players will gain hope and renew their trust in the company and Sega again.
    or they can delay the release. but ye some hard-coded eddits would be just great

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Meh. As long as DeI works after it's all said and done with any neat new features, that's all that matters.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Not surprised honestly, actually I was expecting it to flop... oh well atleast CA is sticking to form when it comes to Rome II lol releasing cash cow products does seem to be their forte after all.
    Last edited by isa0005; November 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Meh. As long as DeI works after it's all said and done with any neat new features, that's all that matters.
    DEI is love DEI is life.

PS
    After bacon of course

ashbery76's Avatar Biarchus

Dude its two reviews.Agenda much.

claymore833's Avatar Civis

This is not s legit criticize, Empire Divided is a new DLC which means adding new contents, "polishing and bug fixing" is not its job. Also, I don't see any big or serious "real issue" remain in Rome II preventing me playing this game.

I will not buy this DLC because there is nothing in it which I can consider like a new experience. They use IA map for this DLC, obviously new unit cards are not adding anything significant, they have only for some factions narrative driven stuff and new simple plague or banditry mechanics which makes 0,10 difference for gameplay and that is about it. They even have old IA campaign intro for this DLC, I saw it in playthrough. So what for I would be paying money really?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    I will not buy this DLC because there is nothing in it which I can consider like a new experience. They use IA map for this DLC, obviously new unit cards are not adding anything significant, they have only for some factions narrative driven stuff and new simple plague or banditry mechanics which makes 0,10 difference for gameplay and that is about it. They even have old IA campaign intro for this DLC, I saw it in playthrough. So what for I would be paying money really?
    So you can play as Balthasar Gelt, sans magic.

At the end of the day, while I like that they came back to Rome II, and I definitely appreciate the work they put into rationalizing the politics system in the free update, the DLC campaign just isn't worth $15. It's mostly the same kind of factions we've seen before, the gameplay additions (cults, banditry) aren't substantial enough to freshen up the experience, and the focus on a campaign "narrative" can't mask the fact the underlying systems encourage the same playstyle as any other run.

This would've been a good transitional DLC from Rome II to Attila, but instead it comes out years after Attila (whose systems surpass it in every way) and just feels out of place in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly, the rock paper shotgun review seemed to be looking thru warhammer tinted glasses. That said, he makes some good points about unfixed bugs and AI, but he also underestimates how many new units empire divided ads, it's more than just a few for rome. Each faction seems to be getting a reworked roster with plenty of new units.

Its basically Attila style units added back into Rome 2 with various Attila assets also. Lets be honest, the DLC campaign probably should have been an Attila add-on. It fits that time frame much better than the classic antiquity of Rome 2. I do think its basically a paid mod because it uses an existing map so its not much different than something like Constantine: Rise of Christianity. In terms of the scenario, anyone could make that using the existing resources.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Honestly, im glad this came out for Rome instead of Attila because of the excellent mod support. It may fit Attila better, but it would have been yet another Attila dlc with hardly any significant mods propping it up.

@Dresden
    But the thing is, attila runs awfully bad, so i'm happy with them using rome 2 as a base. Besides, the dlc is basically what's funding the new power and politics update and looks to be fairly good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its basically Attila style units added back into Rome 2 with various Attila assets also. Lets be honest, the DLC campaign probably should have been an Attila add-on. It fits that time frame much better than the classic antiquity of Rome 2. I do think its basically a paid mod because it uses an existing map so its not much different than something like Constantine: Rise of Christianity. In terms of the scenario, anyone could make that using the existing resources.
    Agreed, the features fit a bit better with Attila, given that, for one thing, there aren't any hordes in Rome 2, which would've been nice to see in the third century. I'm just hoping we can mod some of the more interesting features and add them to DeI, in addition to putting our own spin on a third century campaign. I think we can probably keep our imperial auxiliary units for it, as those probably fit better in the third century than the IA campaign anyway. Just maybe rework some late legionaries and units for other factions.

As long as it does not balls up DEI i could not give a monkeys and cant see myself wanting to purchase it either.
    Last edited by Wulfgardt; November 23, 2017 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madking321 View Post
    @Dresden
    But the thing is, attila runs awfully bad, so i'm happy with them using rome 2 as a base. Besides, the dlc is basically what's funding the new power and politics update and looks to be fairly good quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Honestly, im glad this came out for Rome instead of Attila because of the excellent mod support. It may fit Attila better, but it would have been yet another Attila dlc with hardly any significant mods propping it up.
    Now that we mostly have the mod working I am happy also that we got an update for Rome 2 with the new UI and politics. I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't exciting. I just meant that the DLC campaign itself is obviously a better fit for Attila but they realize that Rome 2 is still played more and so it will sell better. Nothing wrong with that.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Decanus

Previously, the politics system was...........horrible. Now it's......at least you can understand and work with. It's not amazing by itself, but in the context of Rome 2's shortcomings, it's not too bad.

As long as the DLC manages to behave better than Rome II on launch, I will have no problems with it. Interesting period, mechanics and units.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

The new update is not anything special as after playing a few turns you realize that we're having just a slightly "improved" experience compared to what we've had in the past 4 years.

Those extra features implemented with DEI will boost it even further but again it won't be anything new or refreshing at all.

Same goes to Empire Divided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast