Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Erdogan's Adviser:"We will break the legs of the Greek Prime Minister if he sets foot on Imia"

Default Erdogan's Adviser:"We will break the legs of the Greek Prime Minister if he sets foot on Imia"

http://en.protothema.gr/unbelievable...to-imia-video/

http://www.ekathimerini.com/225425/a...t-foot-on-imia

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/201...hreats-turkey/

https://www.thenationalherald.com/18...ont-step-imia/

Tensions with Turkey over the Aegean soared on Feb. 1 after a chief advisor to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned any Greek who tries to put a foot on the disputed, uninhabited rocky islet of Imia will be beaten or worse.

“We will break the arms and legs of any officers, of the prime minister or of any minister who dares to step onto Imia in the Aegean,” Yigit Bulut told Turkish TV, referring to the islet where Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos, a Turkish taunter, threw a wreath to mark a 1996 military incident there that brought the countries to brink of war and saw three Greek servicemen killed in a helicopter crash, the details of which have been kept secret.

Bulut said that Athens will “feel the anger of Turkey, worse than that in Afrin,” referring to the Kurdish-controlled enclave in Syria where Turkish troops have engaged.
    And my questions:
    What do you think of the current turkish bravado? Does that constitute a threat or not?
    What should be done about Turkey, seeing that this country is gradually becoming more and more belligerent toward its neighbors?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Default Re: Erdogan's Adviser:"We will break the legs of the Greek Prime Minister if he sets foot on Imia"

I'm sure the UN will be able to solve all the problems, what else would we have a global government for?

Default Re: Erdogan's Adviser:"We will break the legs of the Greek Prime Minister if he sets foot on Imia"

Last edited by Nebaki; February 01, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    What should be done about Turkey, seeing that this country is gradually becoming more and more belligerent toward its neighbors?
    By "Turkey", we really mean "the Erdogan government". My intense dislike of Erdogan is well known on these forums. In my opinion other countries should face up to reality and realise that Turkey is now sadly ruled by criminals.

Unfortunately, that means Turkey must be treated like a pariah state. The aim should be to put pressure on Erdogan and his supporters, with the goal of regime change. I think sanctions should be started against Turkey. Turkey should be expelled from NATO. We should give money, weapons and support for anyone opposing the Erdogan government.

Ultimately though it's a very sad situation when a country is taken over by evil men. There's only so much the outside world can do. In the end Turks themselves will have to overthrow Erdogan, but that will be very difficult and can probably only be done by civil war.

There just doesn't seem to be any good option, sadly. The least bad option may be to support Turkish opponents of Erdogan and wait for the Erdogan regime to destroy itself.

When the hated tyrant Erdogan is gone, and a new party of democracy emerges, I will be the first to welcome Turkey back into the friendly countries.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That awful man Erdogan does look like Gollum from Lord of the rings.

Last edited by bigdaddy1204; February 01, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Turkey should be expelled from NATO.
    Oh please let that happen then maybe some "Dreamers" must off with the reality.

We should give money, weapons and support for anyone opposing the Erdogan government.
    Who is "We" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Who is "We" ?
    The Islamic ummah.

Erdogan supporters are fools who believe in empty slogans. They are either not following politics too closely, or they are people without understanding nor justice.

Everything has turned to since Erdogan turned on Fethullah Gulen for exposing his corruption and lies.

I mean the international community.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; February 01, 2018 at 01:18 PM.
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Imia is Turkish - Greeks have no calims to make about it.
    And why is that? It's closer to Greek territory (Kalolimnos) than it is to Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    And why is that? It's closer to Greek territory (Kalolimnos) than it is to Turkey.
    Do you really want to say that islands should belong to whoevers mainland is closer to them?

Well, then all of these islands which are in a swimming distance of Turkey, should belong to Turkey, right?

https://www.google.com.tr/search?q=e...QdrwL6Ipc8UgM:

Imia is Hellenic:
    A. The International Legal Framework
    The islets of Imia ( known also under the 1932 treaty name “Kardak”)
    became parts of Greece along with the rest of the Greek – inhabited
    Dodecanese islands and islets through the Treaty of Peace with Italy signed
    between the Allied Powers and Italy in Paris on 10 February 1947. Article 14
    of the Treaty provided that:
    “Italy hereby ceded to Greece in full sovereignty the Dodecanese
    islands indicated hereafter, namely Stampalia (Astropalia), Rhodes
    (Rhodos), Calki (Kharki), Scarpanto, Casos (Casso), Piscopis (Tilos) ,
    Misiros (Nisyros), Calimnos (Kalymnos), Leros, Patmos, Lipsos (Lipso),
    Simi (Symi), Cos (Kos) and Castellorizo, as well as adjacent islets.1”
    http://www.eliamep.gr/wp-content/upl.../10/96imia.pdf

Turkey has no legal claim whatsoever. Turkey can evoke no treaty under which the islets belong to it. In fact, the first time Turkey ever laid claim to Imia was in 1996, under Tansoo Chiller. Curiously enough, the whole situation started when the then Greek Prime Minister Andreas Papandreou was ill in the hospital (and was dying), and there was political uncertainty in Greece.

Well, then all of these islands which are in a swimming distance of Turkey, should belong to Turkey, right?
    These islands are inhabited by solid Greek populations, and are part of the Greek sovereignty as per international treaty/ies. Whoever said that an island doesn't have continental self are "dependent" upon main land masses?
    Last edited by ioannis76; February 01, 2018 at 02:26 PM.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Imia is Hellenic:

These islands are inhabited by solid Greek populations, and are part of the Greek sovereignty as per international treaty/ies. Whoever said that an island doesn't have continental self are "dependent" upon main land masses?
    I don't know the political history of the island, i was just referring to guy above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry View Post
    Do you really want to say that islands should belong to whoevers mainland is closer to them?

https://www.google.com.tr/search?q=e...QdrwL6Ipc8UgM:
    Imia is uninhabited, and with a lack of clear treaties on the matter it would thus belong to whoever is closer. However, as Ioannis pointed out, there are treaties in place which give it to Greece.

Such BS it is against international unconstitutional and just Greek propaganda for their illegal presence on the islands to legitimate it.

The Islamic ummah.

I mean the international community.
    The International Community is going to break the Islamic Ummah and Bombing them since.... ?!?! but good Luck with that.

We must all thank you to "Ioannis76" that he especially shared this Propaganda PDF Document so everyone can read it - please Guys read it! - Thanks to "Ioannis76" btw for his Self-Destruction again.
    Last edited by Nebaki; February 02, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

The International Community is going to break the Islamic Ummah and Bombing them since.... ?!?! but good Luck with that.
    Gulen was someone with a real Islamic spirituality. He was the one keeping Turkey on a good path. Since he was forced out, AKP in Turkey became a puppet for the Sultan Erdogan to become the new Saddam Hussein. Do you believe in Erdogan propaganda?

I'm not interested in Greece, in my opinion Greeks and Turks have no point arguing about an uninhabited piece of rock. This is nationalistic distraction from failure of Erdogan policies.

Aggressions against Greece are not in the interests of Turkey, nor the Dar al Islam. In fact they are against the interests of the entire Muslim world.

Turkey needs a new leader, someone mature, responsible, calm, clear headed and morally honourable. The longer that idiot buffoon Erdogan is in power, Turkey's situation is getting worse every day.

Gulen was someone with a real Islamic spirituality. He was the one keeping Turkey on a good path.
    There is no difference between Erdogan and Gulen - they are same.

He was also forced long time ago before that he was jailed but he had an Friend, the former President of Turkey "Turgut Özal" which helped him to escape from Turkey to USA.

The point of Rock is an long Issue in Turkey, it has not started with Erdogan and will not even end when his Era will be over, however the point is not even the Rocks on Imia, there are more Islands.

So please, if you wanna going to bash Erdogan, there are enough other Threads for doing this.

Such BS it is against international unconstitutional and just Greek propaganda for their illegal presence on the islands to legitimate it.
    What exactly is "international unconstitutional" about it?
    How is the Greek presence illegal?
    What is Turkey's claim on the islands?

What exactly is "international unconstitutional" about it?
    How is the Greek presence illegal?
    What is Turkey's claim on the islands?
    I will answer on this by an funny "accusation" from Greek Side which ended on a Self-destruction by showing faked Map to the Court.

http://www.icj-cij.org/files/case-related/62/062-19760318-ORA-01-00-BI.pdf

http://www.icj-cij.org/files/case-related/62/9483.pdf

http://www.icj-cij.org/files/case-re...D-01-08-EN.pdf

http://www.icj-cij.org/files/case-related/62/17872.pdf

A question to all concerned:

Really?

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

I'm not going to read over 70 pages of text. Just answer my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by skh1 View Post

Really?
    Good spot for fishing and if you want to stay away from society and become a hermit.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Erdogan's Adviser:"We will break the legs of the Greek Prime Minister if he sets foot on Imia"

Imia is uninhabited, and with a lack of clear treaties on the matter it would thus belong to whoever is closer. However, as Ioannis pointed out, there are treaties in place which give it to Greece.
    That.
    If we cut out the nationalistic screams from either side, Imia belong to Greece by (our and the majority of countries) interpretation of the treaty. Erdogan's adviser is trying to score points and I think Greece should send soldiers again on Imia for camping (no weapons) after informing the international community to watch for Turkish aggression.
    With everyone in the West being angry at how Turkey acts in other matters, if Turks try to pull the same stunt they did in 1996 they will lose influence, badly, perhaps kicked out of NATO over it and they know that. So, I think it's ill advised for Turkey to try provoke reactions that way, because if bankrupt Greece reacts not with war and soldiers but by a clear message that "this is ours", the West will support us and then Turkey will have to wake up every day facing the Greek flag flying over Imia for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by skh1 View Post

Really?
    Yes. Really.
    It's part of the country. End of story.
    We don't need any other reason to defend it. We don't give away a part of the country regardless of how insignificant it would seem to a Westerner. There are more important things than career and money. Both Greeks and Turks understand that, hence the governments squabble over what a person looking at "pros" and "cons" would ignore.
    It is ours. It is part of our home. Would you allow a neighbor to take a small part of your garden that you don't use?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 03, 2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast