Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

AngloFootSoldier's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

I'm experiencing a bug, don't know wether AAA generals mod is the cause or DEI. only mods I have installed, whatever children my faction leader has they do not age and there age is stuck at 0. I've posted in the AAA forums as well just in case.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 04, 2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Please try to use the normal text color.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hellenic Legionaries - "Error unit has no class key assigned"???
    I have tired to play both Macedonia and Ptolemaic Egypt. I noticed that when I was doing recruitment, there is an unit called "Hellenic Legionary" in the roster that has an odd vanilla style UI. I could recruit it to my army, yet when I pointed my cursor to it, the unit stats tab displayed an error message saying "Error unit has no class key assigned!". I couldn't see this unit in any of the faction rosters in the Custom Battle mode. I assume the presence of this unit is a glitch. If that's the case, I wonder what causes it to appear in the Greek factions' rosters? Is it one of the known bugs of the mod, or it is caused by some mess-up on my end? (I only used a few official submods of DEI and I turned them all off during testing, leaving only the basic DEI mod- the error unit still remains). Could someone help me understand the problem better? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic mods guys! I've returned to playing again after a 6 month hiatus.

Anyways, I was playing as Rome and saw that the auxiliary barracks lacks any sort of description, as in the tooltip is just blank and no units or information is displayed.
    I'm playing the mods: Better Portholes, 1English Unit names submod for DeI 1.2, Dei AI Arbitriss, Cultural Tensio, Male spies for Romans/Greeks, Realistic Destructible Objects-Reloaded, Illegitimate children, Reutrn to Glory (animations mod), Rivers of Blood: realistic edition, Improved segmentata texture (DEI compatible updated), More diplomatic outcomes -arms deliveries, research agreements & more, immersive character names (over 690 new names!), roman centurion visual overhaul, AAA Generals: Rome (Aging, advancing, acclimatizing), 1Divide et impera 4TPY build/research/cost submod.

Hope this helps!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Not saying that DeI couldnt be the culprit. But having a bunch of submods like that increases the risk of either of them being the problem causing mod.
    And frankly. I feel sad that people instantly report bugs here without even going through the minor trouble of testing whether DeI is even causing the problem in the first place.
    It would take less than 10 min to test this by removing all submods, reinstalling DeI and check if the problem still persist.
    Instead we have to look through the tables trying to figure out where the problem is, and why the problem is only occuring for one or a few players. Waste of time IMO.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Animation submods are not compatible with DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thanks for the reply. Unloading all the submods was the first thing I tried, and I just let steam update my DEI files yesterday. I just thought something was amiss, and I verified the integrity of the game files. Or do I need to unsubscribe every time there's an update?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by marthinus90 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Unloading all the submods was the first thing I tried, and I just let steam update my DEI files yesterday. I just thought something was amiss, and I verified the integrity of the game files. Or do I need to unsubscribe every time there's an update?
    Make sure you're having checked all the 10 parts from STEAM, remove any other unsupported or not compatible submod, verify your cache and the updates should be latest version (as long as they remain checked). No need to resubscribe every time only in case of a problem.

Are we really sure AI takes the power balance into consideration when choosing to Sally out ? Right now it seems to me only sheer numbers matter for him.
    Many times, AI has sallied out with just garrison when odds of winning where between 60% to even 85% in my favor

Not expecting much, but would it be possible to implement a hard cap above which AI would never Sally out ? ( e.g if win odds for AI<70%, AI won't Sally out)
    Last edited by lequintal69; September 03, 2018 at 03:13 PM.

Only installed official DeI 1.2.3e. Playing Rome(Julia) campaign.

My battle replays can be watched.

But I cannot fight the battle again. It either hangs or CTDs.

Stock Rome 2 works fine to fight battles again.

Default Broken Basilikoi Peltastai Phalangitai ability

The Basilikoi Peltastai Phalangitai unit for the Macedonians is unable to actually use its "Short Pike Phalanx" ability. This renders it fairly useless, which is a bummer because it adds a lot of flavor to the Macedonian army.

I'm having to avoid it for now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Using the most recent version and the experimental battle pack.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Only installed official DeI 1.2.3e. Playing Rome(Julia) campaign.

My battle replays can be watched.

But I cannot fight the battle again. It either hangs or CTDs.

Stock Rome 2 works fine to fight battles again.
    Battle replays have always been a problem with large overhauls. And as I remember its not an actual replay of the battle but rather the AI mimicking the moves from the fight. Even the outcome risk being different.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Broken Basilikoi Peltastai Phalangitai ability

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    The Basilikoi Peltastai Phalangitai unit for the Macedonians is unable to actually use its "Short Pike Phalanx" ability. This renders it fairly useless, which is a bummer because it adds a lot of flavor to the Macedonian army.

I'm having to avoid it for now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Using the most recent version and the experimental battle pack.
    This was actually fixed today in experimental pack.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I noticed one minor bug when I was messing around with custom battles. The germanic Berserker unit with the wolf's head headgear has invisible weapons.

I keep fixing the berserker missing weapons bug and somehow it keeps coming back

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Make sure you're having checked all the 10 parts from STEAM, remove any other unsupported or not compatible submod, verify your cache and the updates should be latest version (as long as they remain checked). No need to resubscribe every time only in case of a problem.
    Thank you Strategos, so once I've reached the Polybian reforms the Auxiliary camp suddenly had its description and details back. Interesting, but luckily not a game breaker. Thanks again!

Thank you Strategos, so once I've reached the Polybian reforms the Auxiliary camp suddenly had its description and details back. Interesting, but luckily not a game breaker. Thanks again!
    Yeah, that's pretty common, it errors out whenever there's too much info to be shown, same goes for buildings, if you right click and go to its encyclopedia page, you'll normally get all the info.

I wanted to double check - are the Apulii Extraordinarii supposed to have expert charge defense? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a sword unit? I know in an older build some similar sword units did, but I don't know if this one was allowed to keep that ability or not.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Epirus starting army have Heavy sword unit. They fight with spear and description is heavy spears.
    It is most dangerous Epirus unit and have heavy sword icon. They never fight with sword (if they have It)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Good to know.

Version 2.4 Build 19581.1445895*
    Playing as Rome, Nobilis

Issue: Built a Military Academy in Rome. Every general that is a family member (all of which I've sent for tutoring) that I first raise there as soon as they come to age, do not get the +2 Experience. Other generals do, but not these ones. Not sure if it's because of tutoring or because they are a family member. Any thoughts?