Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Note on my starting issues:
    Reinstalled today, removed all options, and managed to get it working.
    Not 100% sure what was causing the crash initially, but managed to replicate by trying one of the WIP campaigns (1370), so I'm guessing that those simply don't launch at all anymore (whereas they did before).

Thanks for the great work as ever PB! Looking forward to the next releases!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Hmm, new problems.

Playing as England I had a CTD on the HRE's turn, but saving in the middle of AI's turn I was able to get around this. (Load autosave, run, save on france's turn, game crashes during the HRE. Reload save on france's turn, continue).

I am now getting a consistent crash with any field battle. Every time I try to fight a battle on the battlemap, it begins to load, and then crashes.
    I've tried several different AI settings. Problem is consistent against Fatimid's and Seljuks.

Will try other AI settings, and check some submods.

Have not tested defensive battles, just offensive.

If it helps, here are the last few lines of my log.

15:00:36.178 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:36.180 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:37.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    15:00:37.204 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    15:00:37.329 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/siege_rocket_la_steel.texture is missing
    15:00:37.353 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:39.371 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    15:00:39.589 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

---------------------

Further testing completed since then.
    Looks like it's any battle against the Fatimids or the Seljuks that's causing it.
    Fighting against european powers is fine.
    Last edited by Erunion Telcontar; October 27, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Dont let The Flame Die, i cant wait for another 6yrs, lol
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

I keep getting a launcher error! Can someone help me? Already reinstalled twice

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    I keep getting a launcher error! Can someone help me? Already reinstalled twice
    can you explain further ? do you have steam copy of game ? do you applied patch correctly ?

My launch sequence :
    Steam (and close) ; M2TW up to the first menu and quit ; Ult_RR launcher ; then the SS launcher (although the options don't seem to work properly so I don't tick any. just playing early era.)

Anyway I'm up to 1228, Playing as England have had crusades vs fatimids without any issues, both siege and open battles.
    have destroyed Scotland and Norway, other faction that have gone include Seljuks, Crusaders, Cumans, Lithuania. Still 20 active factions.
    Not had a single CTD with this campaign so far.
    I've autoresolved some battles to save time, some I would have won easily, a few probably lost.
    Campaign is ongoing.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    My launch sequence :
    Steam (and close) ; M2TW up to the first menu and quit ; Ult_RR launcher ; then the SS launcher (although the options don't seem to work properly so I don't tick any. just playing early era.)

Anyway I'm up to 1228, Playing as England have had crusades vs fatimids without any issues, both siege and open battles.
    have destroyed Scotland and Norway, other faction that have gone include Seljuks, Crusaders, Cumans, Lithuania. Still 20 active factions.
    Not had a single CTD with this campaign so far.
    I've autoresolved some battles to save time, some I would have won easily, a few probably lost.
    Campaign is ongoing.
    Most Crash are in High Era Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    Dont let The Flame Die, i cant wait for another 6yrs, lol
    Haha no I haven’t disappeared again! As I said previously my PSU died (now fixed) then I had one of my periodic health problems, which I will be over soon, and a few days ago strained my Rotator Cuff, ie can’t drive or carry my fixed PC at the moment. So between all these been feeling a bit rough! As soon as the RC injury allows will go get my PC. Damn annoying.

At that point, will continue focussing on getting the mini-campaigns going and importing outside models and textures as previously outlined. Might even play a game lol!
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 09, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I always play SS6.4 with Limited acitvities (recruitment only with generals), Limited assimilations and BGRIV and RBAI. So I share your opinions (and still tell you that as I know the file, there're many hidden problems in the EDCT with contradicting or not working mechanisms).
    Its one of the most complex parts of the game sure. But because they don’t cause CTDs, 99% of the time players (including myself) don’t notice anyway, though being your area of expertise to you its very obvious! Otherwise not sure what can be done except to keep working at improving it. I have not really put any time into that because its not my area. Suggestions?

In next patch will make most of the optional submods default.
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 09, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    Hmm, new problems.

Playing as England I had a CTD on the HRE's turn, but saving in the middle of AI's turn I was able to get around this. (Load autosave, run, save on france's turn, game crashes during the HRE. Reload save on france's turn, continue).

I am now getting a consistent crash with any field battle. Every time I try to fight a battle on the battlemap, it begins to load, and then crashes.
    I've tried several different AI settings. Problem is consistent against Fatimid's and Seljuks.

Will try other AI settings, and check some submods.

Have not tested defensive battles, just offensive.

If it helps, here are the last few lines of my log.

15:00:36.178 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:36.180 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:37.203 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    15:00:37.204 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    15:00:37.329 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/siege_rocket_la_steel.texture is missing
    15:00:37.353 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RRRC_Ultimate/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    15:00:39.371 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    15:00:39.589 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

---------------------

Further testing completed since then.
    Looks like it's any battle against the Fatimids or the Seljuks that's causing it.
    Fighting against european powers is fine.
    Can you post or send me a save game and I will look into it when I get my PC back in a few days.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Haha no I haven’t disappeared again! As I said previously my PSU died (now fixed) then I had one of my periodic health problems, which I will be over soon, and a few days ago strained my Rotator Cuff, ie can’t drive or carry my fixed PC at the moment. So between all these been feeling a bit rough! As soon as the RC injury allows will go get my PC. Damn annoying.

At that point, will continue focussing on getting the mini-campaigns going and importing outside models and textures as previously outlined. Might even play a game lol!
    Huraaah !, Hope you Excellent Health

Installed the game in to mod folder. Patched the game with the second patch. I ran the launcher. I can play custom battles, but when I try to start a campaign the game crashes to desktop.
    "Alea iacta est"

Did it work ok after Patch #1? Are you sure you installed the patches into the correct locations?

Anyone else getting that?

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Did it work ok after Patch #1? Are you sure you installed the patches into the correct locations?

Anyone else getting that?
    it Seems he Patched with patch-2 and skipped patch-1, i tried the game yesterday and is Fine No Crash and campaign run smoothly

I didn't patch with patch 1. Is that a problem?

I installed the patch in to /mods

And I have the CD version, not steam.
    Last edited by Strategos Autokrator; November 09, 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    "Alea iacta est"

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Autokrator View Post
    I didn't patch with patch 1. Is that a problem?
    Yes it is, the patches are meant to be applied in consecutive order for a reason You must:
    Install main mod
    Apply Patch 1
    Apply Patch 2
    Last edited by Point Blank; November 09, 2018 at 12:37 PM.

By the way, if anyone is still seeing BGR traits etc even when they did not select BGR as a submod, don’t worry about it, in that case they have no effect and it has been fixed for the next patch.

It worked now!
    I have to spread som rep before I can give you more.
    "Alea iacta est"

Cool mate happy you have it working

Hey PB! Great to see you back

Save file is uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq8j7w2hnajj7va/ENG.sav?dl=0

Just a note: Campaign is still working fine in everything else, I just can't fight on the battlemap against the Fatimids (had the same problem with the Turks, but they're gone now...)
    I have had some successful defensive battles and siege battles, but every attempt to attack them in the field (and fight instead of autoresolving - autoresolve works fine) has resulted in a CTD.