Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

...and the 'ayyubids_rise' event must have happened.

sship developers, have you thought about giving your mod more fame through social networks? like Facebook, Instagram... some mods like Tsardoms or europa barbarum post pictures and updates of the game and news in these places... I think it would be a good idea and who knows if you can get more staff to help you improve the mod... other pages of medieval 2 total war on Facebook are posted things about sship mod and we help to know the game just like this thread that I leave here...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1233...1496871248490/
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I think there are barely enough of us to keep up here sometimes, but it's cool to see sship mentioned outside of the forums. We barely have the moddb running afaik - i think someone updated it recently. Maybe I'll post in that group sometime about my own work.. I think you're our biggest fan, Luna !

Libertus

there is a medieval 2 facebook group where people occasionally make posts about sship

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    I think there are barely enough of us to keep up here sometimes, but it's cool to see sship mentioned outside of the forums. We barely have the moddb running afaik - i think someone updated it recently. Maybe I'll post in that group sometime about my own work.. I think you're our biggest fan, Luna !
    that's how it is my friend, since I've known sship mod since 2014 I've always tried to help as much as I could, such as my opinions, advice or historical information, small contributions in descriptions or help in what I've been told...since I'm not a modder...
    And whenever possible in many social networks or forums I have publicized sship mod as the best medieval historical mod for medieval 2 total war (because it is and because I think so), for me it is an honor to be able to contribute to this and also contribute to a game that is historical, educational and at the same time you can have fun playing it.
    Let's hope it lasts a long time and gets better and better little by little with all our unpaid contributions hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

So not sure if I will be able to do anything further with the tower editing, so I might as well post a very small sfx edit of the towers here.

Namely, this removes the annoying THUNK sound effect the wall tower arrows have and replaces it with the ANIM_ARCHER_FIRE bow shot sound.

descr_walls.txt

which imo sounds way better

Blog Entries

Ah, no whistling, fire spraying 'javelin of death' sound?

Nice job

So I was playing defensively as Georgia (H/H)…holding on to Tbilisi, Kutaissi, Ani and Baku.
    Baku fell to the Seljuks. In anger, my 10-star king raised a full army and proceeded southeast towards the Seljuk capital, sacking a fortress along the way.

Before he could siege the capital, the Sultanate of Rum immediately sieged BOTH Kutaissi and Ani.
    My Georgian king was too far too late. GAME OVER.

BIG THANK YOU to all modders for an incredible medieval experience!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by aelfewulf View Post
    So I was playing defensively as Georgia (H/H)…holding on to Tbilisi, Kutaissi, Ani and Baku.
    Baku fell to the Seljuks. In anger, my 10-star king raised a full army and proceeded southeast towards the Seljuk capital, sacking a fortress along the way.

Before he could siege the capital, the Sultanate of Rum immediately sieged BOTH Kutaissi and Ani.
    My Georgian king was too far too late. GAME OVER.
    Sounds like a pretty realistic and much intended outcome of a reckless expedition.

And it's nice to see the AI taking advantage of this opportunity!

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    Belovčse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I returned to 0.98 after a hiatus from 0.96… I must say it’s become really challenging.
    Tried 3 Georgian campaigns so far, did not last beyond 100 turns. It’s really tough.
    In one of the campaigns, I attacked the Zengids without warning. Within a couple of turns they responded massively with full stacks and sieged 2 of my cities simultaneously. I guess I picked the wrong fight…
    Absolutely ruthless AI!

Also, I have trouble defending against the horde of Muslim horse archers and cavalry.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I returned to 0.98 after a hiatus from 0.96… I must say it’s become really challenging.
    Tried 3 Georgian campaigns so far, did not last beyond 100 turns. It’s really tough.
    In one of the campaigns, I attacked the Zengids without warning. Within a couple of turns they responded massively with full stacks and sieged 2 of my cities simultaneously. I guess I picked the wrong fight…
    Absolutely ruthless AI!

Also, I have trouble defending against the horde of Muslim horse archers and cavalry.
    New Monaspa Horse Archers will be added to the Georgian campaign in future updates. Also, hired kypchak cavalry archers will be added. Georgian heavy shokck cavalry will be one of the best cavalry. It was really difficult for the nomads to have contact battles with Georgian cavalry , Because they had heavy armor, powerful charge and great physical strength.They were professional riders, they trained every day
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 15, 2022 at 01:59 PM.

Guys, does the mod have a discord server?

Quote Originally Posted by Bokbg View Post
    Guys, does the mod have a discord server?
    No, it's too little communication going to be worth investing in a new communication channel.

Absolutely ruthless AI!
    Very interesting remarks, @aelfewulf, thanks! (and some pics in the AAR section would be welcome , perhaps together with a save).
    We'll take it into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    So not sure if I will be able to do anything further with the tower editing, so I might as well post a very small sfx edit of the towers here.
    Namely, this removes the annoying THUNK sound effect the wall tower arrows have and replaces it with the ANIM_ARCHER_FIRE bow shot sound.
    which imo sounds way better
    Thanks, @Mamlaz. I trust you and I've included your file into the next build.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Well, that's the point 😀
    We can widen the community if we have a discord.
    I can help with that If needed.

Also, im a modder myself. R u guys looking for help with the mod?

I'm a scripter and have some experience modsin Rome 1. I've modded custom maps, edited ancillaries, traits, armies, rosters ect.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Bokbg !

Your help can be a good thing... We don't have anyone very knowledgeable about battle map issues, for example.
    On this subject, for more historical credibility and also for the beauty of the decorations, I have some personal dreams: first of all, that the "rebirth" type buildings do not appear at the beginning of the game in the battle maps . These buildings could simply be replaced by peasant villages for example.
    Then, a variation of the landscapes with different and more varied trees would give originality to our mod (I exclude the flowers that there were in SS6.4 which do not add anything and are ultimately quite ugly).

Apart from the visual aspect, if you have any desires, you can already prepare a SSHIP sub-mod and publish it in the appropriate thread so that we can test it.

Otherwise, if you can help us find out why there is a crash in this battle we would be very grateful ! Grathus CTD

Blog Entries

Define 'rebirth' buildings please? Would that be the randomly appearing small buildings like farm buildings and cloisters outside settlements?
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 18, 2022 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aelfewulf;[URL="tel:16094939"
    16094939[/URL]]I returned to 0.98 after a hiatus from 0.96… I must say it’s become really challenging.
    Absolutely ruthless AI!

Yet another disastrous campaign that made me rage quit.
    Both Byzantium and Seljuks sent assassins at exactly the same time and killed my FL and his son, leaving only 1 general.
    Didnt even make it past turn 20

Maybe I shd try an easier faction? LOL

Both Byzantium and Seljuks sent assassins at exactly the same time and killed my FL and his son, leaving only 1 general.
    Hmm, interesting. Were they particularly vulnarable? In a city, or outside? Thanks for the info, I'll problably equip them with an initial trait to lower this effect.