Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    In which settlement please?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    I don't remember. one of the wooden walled 2nd tier settlements. Is this a known issue? If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Thanks, please do report if it happens again!

To my knowledge it hasn't been reported before though.

Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    I don't remember. one of the wooden walled 2nd tier settlements. Is this a known issue? If it happens again, I'll let you know.
    From what I know through my second-hand knowledge from multiple modders on this site, something like that should have caused the game to crash. If there was an empty space in the walls, all the enemy units would be booking for it, and clipping through walls just....doesn't happen, IIRC.

Which wall did they go through?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    From what I know through my second-hand knowledge from multiple modders on this site, something like that should have caused the game to crash. If there was an empty space in the walls, all the enemy units would be booking for it, and clipping through walls just....doesn't happen, IIRC.

Which wall did they go through?
    They charged a routing unit that was stuck on the closed gate, and then somehow part of the cav stack went through the gate/wall. The unit never opened the gate; it died on the outside. The enemy never took control of the wall or opened the gate. No other units came through the gate. There was just an untargetable (due to being split) partial stack of cav inside my settlement, behind the closed gate, killing my general.

Rebel occupied Halych, "Eastern Spearman" doesn't have a unit icon

Libertus

Been playing on 0.98 with Sicilly for almost 200 turns.
    Can say the mod is incredible, the faction are well balanced the advancement are is slow but steadily.
    The others faction follow their historical course (byzantium strugglin in central anatolia, the moors been slowly driven back from Andalusia since year 1200 AD and the seljuk mainting their dominance over the iranian plateau)
    But I have some remarks:
    firstly I can't build universities (even trough I built more than 5 schools in my kingdom), don't know the exacts requirements but can't built them even at turn 200
    the unit's models by Kostic are superb, clearly one of the best one in med2, but the muslim faction don't have the same quality of models, most of their skin come from broken crasent an old mod, the berbers for exemple all look like touaregs, you can recruit maghrebi archers in palermo but they should not be nomadic desert.
    Also the mongols invasion kind of stopped due to a bug of pathfinding nearv merv:

Last edited by JB59114; August 30, 2022 at 08:35 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Been playing on 0.98 with Sicilly for almost 200 turns.
    Can say the mod is incredible, the faction are well balanced the advancement are is slow but steadily.
    The others faction follow their historical course (byzantium strugglin in central anatolia, the moors been slowly driven back from Andalusia since year 1200 AD and the seljuk mainting their dominance over the iranian plateau)
    But I have some remarks:
    firstly I can't build universities (even trough I built more than 5 schools in my kingdom), don't know the exacts requirements but can't built them even at turn 200
    the unit's models by Kostic are superb, clearly one of the best one in med2, but the muslim faction don't have the same quality of models, most of their skin come from broken crasent an old mod, the berbers for exemple all look like touaregs, you can recruit maghrebi archers in palermo but they should not be nomadic desert.
    Also the mongols invasion kind of stopped due to a bug of pathfinding nearv merv:
    thanks for the feedback!
    pls upload a save! Interesting to see Rum still alive (or reborn).
    Mongols - yeah, I've seen it before in most (all) mods. I've got a plan to make it less likely happen (scripted invations more deep in the territories) but haven't delved into it yet.
    Universities - there're might be a bug indeed, one other player has reported it already. I've checked and didn't know the reason. I'll introduce another fall-back option just in case. But it'll be in the next version.
    Muslim factions - yes, you're right in all aspects this part of the game is less developed than the other.

Libertus

for my save:
    https://mega.nz/folder/Yhxiya4L#ycTwWiRFw7fVLQRxLd8UrA

France struggle with its neighbors, the south was occupied by castille but the french retook it, unfortunatly France was badly beaten by england (who mananged to take paris), clearly that kingdom struggle.
    The Moors were the ruller of the mediterranean but crusades destroyed their holding in Iberia, castille managed to capture most of iberia, Aragon never made it (took britanny for a time however), portugal was killed by the moors and then resurrected (the only kingdom that was killed).
    Scotland held the english in the highland and retook Edinburg, danes were kicked back by the HRE who never managed to get a place in italy but strangely got southeastern France for free.
    Byzantium retook most of anatolia but was not able to kill the sultanate of Rum, lost adana to the crusader.
    The Crusader's state was almost never at war with the fatimids even after capturing mecca ( the only unrealistic part about my game ), they easily destroyed the zengids even defeating a djihad.
    The abbasids and seljuk while at war with eachother never conquered any major cities, the seljuk even lost tabriz to Georgia, those two faction clearly underperformed.
    The mongols are blocked due to that seljuk stack near Merv.

Also: no crashes/CTD since the begining ! ( legal steam version used)
    Last edited by JB59114; August 30, 2022 at 09:37 AM.

JB59114 thank for your feedback! Just one thing - I add some clause to the campaign_ai that will help France a little, they were too focused on defense against England in the first turns, while there was no threat. In the next version France will go to conquer the south rebel cities - Dijon, Clairmont.. After that they will have to deal with HRE, that's a different story..

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@JB89114 : Thank you for this very encouraging feedback ! I would really like to improve the Muslim factions even more because indeed, there are still a lot of models that deserve to be updated.The problem is that I know the West better and that in this area I still have a lot to do !
    Maybe I'll come back to these Berbers later, with good documentation, when I've made progress in my projects.

is there any native voice mod for SSHIP?

Sadly no, not to my knowledge, but anyobe would be more than welcome to make one as a mini-mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Guys,
    So here is a new version of the mod: SSHIP_098_April_7th.
    This is a stand-alone, just unpack it into the mods folder, no other installation is needed.
    Can you please give a non Mega download link?
    This link requires premium Mega subscription

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @JB89114 : Thank you for this very encouraging feedback ! I would really like to improve the Muslim factions even more because indeed, there are still a lot of models that deserve to be updated.The problem is that I know the West better and that in this area I still have a lot to do !
    Maybe I'll come back to these Berbers later, with good documentation, when I've made progress in my projects.
    Actually, having read about the Muslims from Sicily and then Lucera serving in the Sicilian army even in 13th century - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim...ment_of_Lucera - this would be very good to have Muslim Levy Archers (coded ME Peasant Archers) available for this faction. I'd add recruitment them either to certain factions, or perhaps rather to Norman Stronghold building with the minimum Muslim population requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by the_final_cut View Post
    is there any native voice mod for SSHIP?
    I believe for some factions the existing, generic voices may be considered as native. Perhaps England?

Anyway, nobody deals with voices in the SSHIP, and as @Belo mentioned, any minimod would be welcome and would be introduced in the SSHIP. If you're aware of the Medieval period voices in the other mods - that could be introduced into the SSHIP - drop here a line.

JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 31, 2022 at 01:52 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Any word on fixing the camp sacking and sally nonsense? It's campaign breaking.

Is it working as intended, that I can be over 80 turns in, spending every florin possible to upgrade my settlements, and not be able to train a goddamn spearman? My economy already sucks. Can I get free upkeep on something? Peasants? Anything?
    Last edited by Gaku; August 31, 2022 at 04:03 AM.

Its on the list of stuff to fix for the next release!

EDIT: just looked at it, there is nothing wrong with the script in my current file. Could you send me your current file, and also send me your logs the next time this bug happens to you please?
    Last edited by Belovèse; August 31, 2022 at 04:05 AM.

Its on the list of stuff to fix for the next release!

EDIT: just looked at it, there is nothing wrong with the script in my current file. Could you send me your current file, and also send me your logs the next time this bug happens to you please?
    Which file?

I can't test the bug, because if it happens, it s me so hard I usually have to restart the campaign.

sally > success > camp raided > debt > army disbands > fml > new campaign
    sally > can't end it > settlement lost > fml > new campaign

It just means I can't sally unless I know I'm going to 100% kill every enemy unit.

Sorry, I meany the campaign_script.text file, which is in data/world/...imperial_campaign folder.

When you sally out and the bug happens, the log should show what triggers were fired and it will help me pinpoint it. My guess is that during a sally the game exports the wrong result, but I'll have to look more in depth and test it.

Sorry, I meany the campaign_script.text file, which is in data/world/...imperial_campaign folder.

When you sally out and the bug happens, the log should show what triggers were fired and it will help me pinpoint it. My guess is that during a sally the game exports the wrong result, but I'll have to look more in depth and test it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cfxop...cript.txt/file

sallied out, successful sally, "camp" got sacked, florins deducted

this, another ruined campaign
    Last edited by Gaku; August 31, 2022 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks a lot for the campaign script file. THe coding is the same as in mine, so there is obviously something wrong with the conditions used when the battle is a sally out.

Did you also keep the log from right after the battle?

Also, you know that you can give yourself back your money using the console command add_money? I think it is an acceptable workaround, way better than restarting the campaign, until we get this sorted out!