Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

[QUOTE][Looks strange, but it's worth noting for me to pay attention when I'd review the Hanseatic mechanics. Thanks!/QUOTE]
    It's weird. I tried to repair the Hanseatic building one more time and I got by the turn. So now I have the Hanseatic building in Bremen. If I delete it I get the Baltic trade building.

But two turns later I now get stuck on a CTD on the Rus many times. I had that one before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

[QUOTE=William the Silent;16148159]
    [Looks strange, but it's worth noting for me to pay attention when I'd review the Hanseatic mechanics. Thanks!/QUOTE]
    It's weird. I tried to repair the Hanseatic building one more time and I got by the turn. So now I have the Hanseatic building in Bremen. If I delete it I get the Baltic trade building.
    But two turns later I now get stuck on a CTD on the Rus many times. I had that one before.
    Do you know what's the last name of the Serbian heir (... the Wrathful) that stays near Skodron? Can you check in the previous files? you press Shift+R and you can click on him.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I have a bug in which I can't start a campaign game with the Moors, it automatically says that it has an error... here my full log.

Attachment 369238
    Jurand some news about this bug at the beggining of start a Moors campaign???

18:16:00.561 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga.dds
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga.dds
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga.dds
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga.dds
    18:16:00.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/MOORS0_STARTING_INFO.tga
    18:16:00.563 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:16:00.563 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    18:16:00.563 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:16:00.563 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

no idea. It works well in my June 2023 built.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 22, 2023 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    no idea. It works well in my June 2023 built.
    I think I know why it is, it is due to the Macaras file "campaign.script" (Macaras siege script minimod) which I overwrite with the original of the new version, apparently it is not compatible and it will give some error when starting the campaign with the moors.... I have no problem with the original file
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Do you know what's the last name of the Serbian heir (... the Wrathful) that stays near Skodron? Can you check in the previous files? you press Shift+R and you can click on him
    Vasko the Wrathful.
    His name used to be just Vasko.
    Last edited by William the Silent; July 22, 2023 at 02:00 PM.

I think I know why it is, it is due to the Macaras file "campaign.script" (Macaras siege script minimod) which I overwrite with the original of the new version, apparently it is not compatible and it will give some error when starting the campaign with the moors.... I have no problem with the original file
    Yep my file was just for testing purpose- did you try to start a new campaign and see if the script works? Or does it crash before and it’s impossible to play ? In such case I can provide the one for your version, just tell me which one you are playing..

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Yep my file was just for testing purpose- did you try to start a new campaign and see if the script works? Or does it crash before and it’s impossible to play ? In such case I can provide the one for your version, just tell me which one you are playing..
    Yes Macaras if is possible i need another file for June version...currently i am suffering various crashes...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi @OlaszV,
    let's make the last try.
    I might have a mistake before as I've used my version with the updated (ie my working) version of the 098 to move your game ahead.
    Now, I've used the previous, June 2023, version. I banished that trouble making character to Orkney so that he cannot move and make his crash again.
    I was able to go ahead 11 turns without a crash.
    So try for the last time - here are the saves (the first one is that of yours, so use the second one, ending with _1).
    cheers
    JoC

EDIT: I've moved ahead until you king died. No problems. Orban lived long:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looks strange, but it's worth noting for me to pay attention when I'd review the Hanseatic mechanics. Thanks!
    Yyep, works for me too, played a few turns now without problem. Hopefully nothing similar happrns. Thanks!

Yes Macaras if is possible i need another file for June version...currently i am suffering various crashes...
    Here is the June version campaing_script.txt with my script.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Yyep, works for me too, played a few turns now without problem. Hopefully nothing similar happrns. Thanks!
    Don't forget to apply the patch, it's save-compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    His name used to be just Vasko.
    Vasko is now taking holidays in Corfu. You can play on.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    I just completed a game as Kingdom of Jerusalem. Played up to turn 250ish.
    Upload your save, @berrmugcarl, I'll be grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomberry View Post
    Great experience so far. Turn 210. I restarted the Denmark campaign and took care of my reputation and its a completely different game. Rep is everything! Especially when you are small.
    After beating Norway, the HRR betrayed me again, but this time I was prepared. After 5 crushing defeats at the walls of Ribe they got excommunicated and my best buddy the pope called a crusade against Frankfurt
    With whole Europe against them, they fell apart very quickly and I had time to build and develop.
    Can you upload a save?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 22, 2023 at 05:00 PM.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Don't forget to apply the patch, it's save-compatible.

Upload your save, @berrmugcarl, I'll be grateful.
    Can you upload a save?
    A file full of saves.
    Worth noting that I switched the AI's around a whole bunch. Including another AI from a certain Russian Forum user. So, I'm not sure how much that hurts your feedback.
    All campaigns are hard/hard except the two England ones which are veryhard/hard.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

P.s that second England save is actually stuck due to a CTD, so if you figure out why, I would love to know because I'm really enjoying that one

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    Worth noting that I switched the AI's around a whole bunch. Including another AI from a certain Russian Forum user. So, I'm not sure how much that hurts your feedback.
    All campaigns are hard/hard except the two England ones which are veryhard/hard.
    I've looked into the longer one here. Interesting indeed.
    Why, beeing an experienced player, have you chosen to play H/H, not VH?
    The other England crashed for me as well, I'll try to investigate, but it doesn't look easy (from the log, it's related to the AI script)
    BTW - were all saved games played with June 2023 version of the SSHIP?

you can play, but for Corfu it seems to be a disastrous decision. Just listen to the news what has happened after he was sent there...

So managed to play a few dozen of turns but another one crash is popping up, this time at the HRE turn. Went back a few turns but eventually this occours at some point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtK...ew?usp=sharing

Can you have a look @Jurand please?
    Thanks!

EDIT: The earlier referred patch is applied
    Last edited by Olaszv; July 24, 2023 at 09:28 AM.

you can play, but for Corfu it seems to be a disastrous decision. Just listen to the news what has happened after he was sent there..
    My game continued into the next turns.
    Did you leave Vasko any resources to act out this terrible wrath?
    Last edited by William the Silent; July 24, 2023 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Here is the June version campaing_script.txt with my script.
    Ok now I don't have Crashes but I have started a new campaign with the Moors and I still haven't noticed my units fleeing when leaving the walls, in fact they can fight and stop the siege weapons, yes the enemy picks up the siege weapons and continue with it...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

So managed to play a few dozen of turns but another one crash is popping up, this time at the HRE turn. Went back a few turns but eventually this occours at some point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtK...ew?usp=sharing

Can you have a look @Jurand please?
    Thanks!

EDIT: The earlier referred patch is applied
    Looks worse than the previous. I've tried a few times and I failed. Reported here.
    I understand you've tried a previous save as well. That's bad, I don't know if it's possible to salvage...
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 24, 2023 at 01:20 PM.

Ok now I don't have Crashes but I have started a new campaign with the Moors and I still haven't noticed my units fleeing when leaving the walls, in fact they can fight and stop the siege weapons, yes the enemy picks up the siege weapons and continue with it...
    Can you upload a save and log please ?

Looks worse than the previous. I've tried a few times and I failed. Reported here.
    I understand you've tried a previous save as well. That's bad, I don't know if it's possible to salvage...
    Thanks... Any chance it has to do something with the hre siege of naples?

Thanks... Any chance it has to do something with the hre siege of naples?
    no, it passes over the Naples, moves on, no issue here. I've even seen other battles (against the Castilla next to Genova) - and then it crashed without trace in the log.
    I've checked if surrender_regions would work - but it crashes if you surrender other factions like georgia, russia and france, but it freezes if you surrender_regions hre.
    It seems hre is bugged in this save (for whatever reason) and it seems deadly to me
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 24, 2023 at 04:37 PM.