Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've looked into the longer one here. Interesting indeed.
    Why, beeing an experienced player, have you chosen to play H/H, not VH?
    The other England crashed for me as well, I'll try to investigate, but it doesn't look easy (from the log, it's related to the AI script)
    BTW - were all saved games played with June 2023 version of the SSHIP?

you can play, but for Corfu it seems to be a disastrous decision. Just listen to the news what has happened after he was sent there...
    It was the June version 2023 version.

That in part is why I chose to play on H/H. I hadn't played medieval 2, especially not modified versions of the game in a long time.

And honestly, this version of the game is quite damn difficult. H is slightly too easy, but VH is very punishing. Took multiple restarts to develop a good "opening" strategy. For instance, on the second England playthrough, I found ignoring Scotland and Ireland made my life so much easier. Whilst in the first one, I lost the chance to beat up a weak and small france, and now every war is a horrible slog with a France spamming the "feudal" units at me.

Maybe that's a good level of balance though, I couldn't just jump in on VH and have success. I had to restart and develop a better plan.

EDIT: You may note some minor city/castle changes. I edited the strat a teeny bit, for instance I found giving france an extra castle early in their starting settlements gave them a much better chance at claiming those french lands. Ironically, I ended up reverting a lot of these changes as I ended up starting to understand a bit better the balance of the map. Just something to note.
    Last edited by beermugcarl; July 24, 2023 at 02:36 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    It was the June version 2023 version.
    That in part is why I chose to play on H/H. I hadn't played medieval 2, especially not modified versions of the game in a long time.
    And honestly, this version of the game is quite damn difficult. H is slightly too easy, but VH is very punishing. Took multiple restarts to develop a good "opening" strategy. For instance, on the second England playthrough, I found ignoring Scotland and Ireland made my life so much easier. Whilst in the first one, I lost the chance to beat up a weak and small france, and now every war is a horrible slog with a France spamming the "feudal" units at me.
    Maybe that's a good level of balance though, I couldn't just jump in on VH and have success. I had to restart and develop a better plan.
    I'm happy to hear that it's quite difficult
    I hope that additional money will help the small factions at the beginnig, while the large ones (HRE, Byzantium, Almoravids) are weaken in such a way that they'll be very difficult at once. The Seljucks are not weaken, but they have to expand fast to get prepared for the Mongols to come.
    BTW - your games will be reported here, one alrady is.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 24, 2023 at 04:36 PM.

A CTD suffer in one battle against moors in Algiers, June 2023 version, here my full log... what happen?

full.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Can you upload a save and log please ?
    Sorry Macaras, only i tried a few turns and i removed the new game...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

I'm happy to hear that it's quite difficult
    I hope that additional money will help the small factions at the beginnig, while the large ones (HRE, Byzantium, Almoravids) are weaken in such a way that they'll be very difficult at once. The Seljucks are not weaken, but they have to expand fast to get prepared for the Mongols to come.
    BTW - your games will be reported here, one alrady is.
    I have personally found it very difficult to play as norway, novgorod, and denmark. Especially compared to playing in the middle east. But yeah, I think the difficulty is in a good spot.

The only critique I have, as England, was that It felt as though there was a recruitment black hole. I can't remember exactly when, but Norman Serjeants had become incredibly rare, yet there was nothing to replace them with. If you check out my french castles, I don't even have access to any free garrison units past a certain point of barracks. A bit odd I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    I have personally found it very difficult to play as norway, novgorod, and denmark. Especially compared to playing in the middle east. But yeah, I think the difficulty is in a good spot.

The only critique I have, as England, was that It felt as though there was a recruitment black hole. I can't remember exactly when, but Norman Serjeants had become incredibly rare, yet there was nothing to replace them with. If you check out my french castles, I don't even have access to any free garrison units past a certain point of barracks. A bit odd I thought.
    That's true, the review and update of the English castle barracks was not finished. I'm going to do it for the next update.

Ctd's can happen for the weirdest reasons.
    I started tracking game movements up till the CTD with the Shift+R, slowing down the movements with my spacebar close to the moment.

One time I had ordered a harbor blockade with a movement over several turns. The turn it hit the target I had a CTD that I couldn't get by.
    I just cancelled the blockade movement and surprise my game continued.
    Came out the blockade caused excommunication.

One time a heritic attacked one of my Bishops at the moment of the CTD. I moved the Bishop out of range and the game continued.

It seems heritics have a lot to do with CTD's, or maybe religieus related action, but I might be wrong.
    Last edited by William the Silent; July 26, 2023 at 01:21 PM.

Hey, I just installed version 098, did some danish campaign, and it worked fine, battles too.

Now I wanted to try out spain, and I began sieging Pamplona turn 2, they attack me, it crashes in loading screen, I attack them, it crashes, did the LAA, the map and fin file cleaner, I just tried a fresh install with no other mods installed and it still crashes on that battle loading screen.

I tried another battle when I was besieged as spain, no problem works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahji View Post
    Hey, I just installed version 098, did some danish campaign, and it worked fine, battles too.

Now I wanted to try out spain, and I began sieging Pamplona turn 2, they attack me, it crashes in loading screen, I attack them, it crashes, did the LAA, the map and fin file cleaner, I just tried a fresh install with no other mods installed and it still crashes on that battle loading screen.

I tried another battle when I was besieged as spain, no problem works fine.
    Well, I've began sieging Pamplona on turn 1, they've attacked me, and this was the result:

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ok now I don't have Crashes but I have started a new campaign with the Moors and I still haven't noticed my units fleeing when leaving the walls, in fact they can fight and stop the siege weapons, yes the enemy picks up the siege weapons and continue with it...
    I have just installed a completely new MTW2, downloaded the SSHIP from moddb, did exactly as instruction for the siege defending script says, and voila, the unit routs as they should and the script works !!!!!

Okay, this is interessting, if I attack with exactly same army as you, it loads fine, but if I use the other army you start with principe ridrigo, it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahji View Post
    Okay, this is interessting, if I attack with exactly same army as you, it loads fine, but if I use the other army you start with principe ridrigo, it crashes.
    Probably there are units that are not in Jurand's army but are in yours and these ones exactly cause a crash. Can you upload a picture showing what units are in the army that causes crash ? Or just write which are these units?

I really cannot get by this one.
    It ends with a heretic I believe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've managed at first try. Didn't checked the following turn, so it still may crash. You meant that heretic in Cyprus?
    I'm quite happy with the results of my work on the Hanseatic guilde (just build it in London), and other buildings B-)
    Jerusalem was captured, you need to go home!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 30, 2023 at 01:43 AM.

Jerusalem was captured, you need to go home!
    I actually fought a heroic won battle before Jerusalem in an earlier try, but because of the CTD I had to go back and didn't redo that whole battle.
    If I can continue I might check out some islands on the way back as an exploration opportunity.

I guess your Hanseatic guilds made me very rich.
    What's slowing down my progress is trying to keep peace with the Pope. And I try out all the new stuff that keeps coming up.

Breton Cavalry and Longbow are deadly weapons. Breton cavalry unit can destroy half a Knight unit with their throwing spears and rout them quickly.

I have noticed in my Sicilian campaign the strange recruitment that the Moors (AI) have, currently they send me several full armies but with very similar units and without any variety. Like for example an army made up of 10 "armoured urban militia" (they should be recalled as andalusian or almohad militia) and 2 generals, or another army made up of 8-12 arab infantry units with only one Fari cavalry unit, no archers, no crossbowmen, no berber units and no other type of infantry or knights...What is this about? is it a spam army?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I have noticed in my Sicilian campaign the strange recruitment that the Moors (AI) have, currently they send me several full armies but with very similar units and without any variety. Like for example an army made up of 10 "armoured urban militia" (they should be recalled as andalusian or almohad militia) and 2 generals, or another army made up of 8-12 arab infantry units with only one Fari cavalry unit, no archers, no crossbowmen, no berber units and no other type of infantry or knights...What is this about? is it a spam army?
    interesting. not scripted, but it the AI seems to recruit in this way. upload a save, pls, I'll have a look

interesting. not scripted, but it the AI seems to recruit in this way. upload a save, pls, I'll have a look
    -yes, here my save... take a look in the siege of Tilimsan, this happens several times, not always but it is something strange... what I have reported is that they hardly have archer units and too many spearmen units, if possible take a look at the Moorish recruitment.

-On the other hand, a small bug that I found is that in the cities of Al-Mandiya and Balermus when I pass the cursor over the population level it does not appear with how much population is needed to go to the next level, in the other settlements I have no problem ...

-Take a look at my Sicilian campaign and observe your wonderful work, the truth is that I am loving the mod again, I just miss more unique units of kostic and more precise unit roster for each faction (example too many types of spearmen for Sicily , missing swordmen/spadaccini unit).

SAVE YEAR 1200 JUNE 2023 VERSION, SICILIAN CAMPAIGN

3.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand also i noticed that some rebel armies have still some "peasant" units with any descriptions only a point. I thought this unit had already disappeared

-I have also seen that in several cities like Palermo my landwoners says that I have a maximum of 2 units of knights available to recruit but in the units panel can I recruit up to 5 units in a row? for what is this?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; August 01, 2023 at 12:14 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

-yes, here my save... take a look in the siege of Tilimsan, this happens several times, not always but it is something strange... what I have reported is that they hardly have archer units and too many spearmen units, if possible take a look at the Moorish recruitment.
    -On the other hand, a small bug that I found is that in the cities of Al-Mandiya and Balermus when I pass the cursor over the population level it does not appear with how much population is needed to go to the next level, in the other settlements I have no problem ...
    thanks, I've discerned a bug in the code, it's why there're so many Urban Militias. It'll be fixed for the next release.
    in both cases you've achieved the necessary threshold, but you haven't built the necessary level of farms. Once you do, you'll be able to build the walls.

Jurand also i noticed that some rebel armies have still some "peasant" units with any descriptions only a point. I thought this unit had already disappeared
    -I have also seen that in several cities like Palermo my landwoners says that I have a maximum of 2 units of knights available to recruit but in the units panel can I recruit up to 5 units in a row? for what is this?
    Peasant - yes, @Belo has deleted them from a file they lingered.
    Landowners - yeah, technological swith (Heavy Mail event) gives you additional unit to the recruitment pools, going above the limit. I can't count everything, but I'd think it's the reason. Well spotted.