Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CleopatraIV View Post
    hmm, why do all my settlements have 0 recruitment slots out of sudden after conquering a new city? I get the recruitment slots back on the next turn, but I kinda need those troops now...
    Shouldn't happen. Do you possibly have saves - before and after the conquest?
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Shouldn't happen. Do you possibly have saves - before and after the conquest?
    I do, but I noticed it was not after the conquest, but already at the beginning of that turn. When I loaded a save from previous turn and ended turn the recruitment slots were there.

Quote Originally Posted by CleopatraIV View Post
    I do, but I noticed it was not after the conquest, but already at the beginning of that turn. When I loaded a save from previous turn and ended turn the recruitment slots were there.
    so have you lost all the recruitment slots in all settlements out of nothing? very strange

so have you lost all the recruitment slots in all settlements out of nothing? very strange
    Put this coversation on the bug section because i encounter it myself. Triggered randomly if you demolish building

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

A specific building or any?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    A specific building or any?
    Seems any. Also randomly because sometime all my recruitment are halted and sometime it works just fine. Which is why i only demolish before at the end of the turns, i don't know if it helps but it's good for my conciense if nothing else.

Is it reproducible? If you load the same save and destroy the same building does it always happen?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Is it reproducible? If you load the same save and destroy the same building does it always happen?
    That i don't know. I don't test it

Permanent crash has destroyed my Byzantine campaign. It usually happens at the turn of the Germans. Any ideas?

13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> LTGD: decision parameters 'zengid' (ai_label:islam) vs faction 'slave':
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> military: frontline_balance 1, military_balance 0.462263, military_balance_plus_enemies 0.15667, alliance_military_balance 0.462263, free_strength_balance 1
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> faction standing: faction_standing -0.905546, target_faction_standing -0.0550393, global_standing 0.114996, target_global_standing -0.285
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> diplomacy: stance AtWar, num_enemies 2, target_num_enemies 7, has_alliance_against 0, num_turns_allied 0, num_turns_ceasefire -1
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> trusted_allies: trusted_ally 0, trusted_ally_enemy 0, trusted_ally_protectorate 0
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> protectorate: is_protectorate 0, is_protectorate_of_catholic 0
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> papal: excommunicated 0, enemy_excommunicated 0, has_ceasehostilities 0
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> neighbour: is_neighbour 1, target_weakest_neighbour 0, strongest_neighbour 0, borders_all_our_regions 1
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> win conditions: is_faction_to_outlive_target 0, is_target_faction_to_outlive 0
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> misc: production_balance 0.892405, target_religion 4, target_faction slave, num_settlements 5
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> rand 0.958831, difficulty medium, turn_number 93
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> most_desirable 0, target_human 0, target_is_shadow 0
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> LTGD: (islam) invade decision: invade = invade_opportunistic, invade_priority = 20999, want_offer_protect = 0, alliance_against = -199658, can_force_invade = 1
    13:38:45.354 [ai.ltgd] [info] <25> LTGD: number of invasion targets: '6
    13:38:45.354 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083_Demeanour> fired
    13:38:46.461 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    13:38:47.832 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

@Macaras, looks like it may be in one of your files, not in the script.txt ? But it may well had come back to script, there's some time between.

Semisalis

Cannon event bug. Description says it should happen around 1324 but instead happened in 1282. i can build gunsmiths but no unit are available.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Macaras, looks like it may be in one of your files, not in the script.txt ? But it may well had come back to script, there's some time between.
    It has to be something else, 0083_Demeanour is from DFS, it triggers many times in every game and it was not changed since ancient times..

Semisalis

I can't manage to build 3rd level mount saint michiel and 4th level notre dame in rouen and paris, respectively. they start building regularly for 2/3 turns and then they get cancelled (as in the building queue becomes empty and the building goes back in the available buildings list). the same thing happens every time i try anew. same problem happens for siege workshop too, but this happens in other cities as well (not everywhere though, as i managed to build it in several towns/castles). other buildings seem fine both in rouen/paris and other cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    I can't manage to build 3rd level mount saint michiel and 4th level notre dame in rouen and paris, respectively. they start building regularly for 2/3 turns and then they get cancelled (as in the building queue becomes empty and the building goes back in the available buildings list). the same thing happens every time i try anew. same problem happens for siege workshop too, but this happens in other cities as well (not everywhere though, as i managed to build it in several towns/castles). other buildings seem fine both in rouen/paris and other cities.
    I recall we had a problem with the mines, but it was gone. You may try to edit (with Notepad++ or another un-intrusive editor) file "export_descr_buildings.txt" in the /data folder by deleting "event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1" in both cases below:

wonder_rouen_msm3_nave city requires factions { northern_european, poland, hungary, southern_european, } and hidden_resource france and hidden_resource england and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and event_counter notre_dame 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders3

wonder_paris_notre_dame_4_gothic city requires factions { northern_european, poland, hungary, southern_european, } and event_counter NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE 1 and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders1 and hidden_resource france and hidden_resource capital and region_religion catholic 50

siege works - I don't know. there's also a counter, you can delete it.

Cannon event bug. Description says it should happen around 1324 but instead happened in 1282. i can build gunsmiths but no unit are available.
    I'll fix it - but by deleting the date ;-)
    For gameplay, in 1282 is already 300 turns. Historically, for the efffective gunpowder units to appear, it should be like 15century.
    Upload your save, it seeems you're quite advanced.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 07, 2023 at 10:51 AM.

Semisalis

ok will try your suggestion for the buildings! yeah i can see the reasoning for gunpowder units event, even if i am not a fan of them. here/s my latest save btw.

EDIT: which counter should i delete for the siege works? the export_descr_buildings mentions a script that disbands this building for the ai, could this be the problem?

EDIT 2: Partial plate unlocked landsknecht mercenary pikemen, 1300 seems at least a century early for them to appear.

EDIT 3: browsing through the EDB i found out that the heavy armourer building should be unlocked by the transitional armour historical event (coat of plates), that according to the descr_event should happen at turn 160-180 (year 1212/1222) but in my campaign it was unlocked by the half_plate event which happened at turn 336 (year 1300). According to the descr_event said event should happen instead at turn 210/230 (year 1237/1247). is there something wrong then? this also lead to the strange situation where transitional armour does not appear at the right time but it is unlocked at the same time (1300) than partial plate without any sense of progression. so now i have general bodyguard equipped with late 13th centrury armour while at the same time i can recruit chivalric units with mid 14th century armour.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Goffredo85; October 08, 2023 at 05:10 AM.

ok will try your suggestion for the buildings! yeah i can see the reasoning for gunpowder units event, even if i am not a fan of them. here/s my latest save btw.

EDIT: which counter should i delete for the siege works? the export_descr_buildings mentions a script that disbands this building for the ai, could this be the problem?

EDIT 2: Partial plate unlocked landsknecht mercenary pikemen, 1300 seems at least a century early for them to appear.

EDIT 3: browsing through the EDB i found out that the heavy armourer building should be unlocked by the transitional armour historical event (coat of plates), that according to the descr_event should happen at turn 160-180 (year 1212/1222) but in my campaign it was unlocked by the half_plate event which happened at turn 336 (year 1300). According to the descr_event said event should happen instead at turn 210/230 (year 1237/1247). is there something wrong then? this also lead to the strange situation where transitional armour does not appear at the right time but it is unlocked at the same time (1300) than partial plate without any sense of progression. so now i have general bodyguard equipped with late 13th centrury armour while at the same time i can recruit chivalric units with mid 14th century armour.
    siege works - delete "and event_counter NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE 1 and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1"

I must admit I haven't researched / worked the later dates of the units unlocking, to perhaps you're fully right. Maybe sometime in the future.

dates in descr_event.txt are expressed in years, so the coding means: between turns (1132+2*(160)) and (1132+2*(180))

event historic TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR ; _____ ESSENTIAL reform for many units _____
    date 160 180

Semisalis

so (1132+2*(160)) and (1132+2*(180)) means between year 1452 and 1492? but the event happened far before for me. shouldn't it be (1132+(160/2)) and (1132+(180/2)) each year being made by two turns? between year 1212 and 1222 seems in line with what happened in my campaign. besides the point is that the heavy armorer building was NOT unlocked by this event as it should have been, according to the EDB. deleting the counter for rouen and paris wonders did not work. will try for the siege works and report back.

EDIT:
    delete "and event_counter NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE 1 and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1"
    there is no such counter for the siege works in the EDB:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

{ convert_to castle_siege
    levels siege_works
    {
    ; siege_works city requires factions { middle_eastern, byzantium, jerusalem, } or factions { northern_european, eastern_european, serbia, georgia, southern_european, } and event_counter FIRST_WINDMILL 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders2 and event_counter is_the_player 1
    siege_works city requires event_counter is_the_player 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders2 and factions { middle_eastern, byzantium, jerusalem, } or factions { all, } and event_counter FIRST_WINDMILL 1
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    Last edited by Goffredo85; October 08, 2023 at 08:26 AM.

sorry, I was inprecise, my bad. between (2*(160)) and (2*(180)), so turns 320 and 360.

from what I see in the code (I have never coded this building yet), it should be:

heavy_armourer city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 ; and building_present_min_level market fairground
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    armour 13 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    armour 13 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    armour 14
    armour 15 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, middle_eastern, }
    armour 16 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    armour 17 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME
    income_bonus bonus -400
    }
    material stone
    construction 5
    cost 12000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    plate_armourer
    }
    }
    siege works - right, its:

siege_works city requires event_counter is_the_player 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders2 and factions { middle_eastern, byzantium, jerusalem, } or factions { all, } and event_counter FIRST_WINDMILL 1

so it's more intricately coded, just replace it as follows:

siege_works city requires factions { all, }

Well, that building disappearing from the building queue was also a problem of food_supply chain. I don't remember what we have done to solve it. I must have been tmodelsk or Belovese who solved it... sorrr.

Semisalis

ok now its more clear, thanks for the explanation! maybe 320/360 (1292/1312) it's a bit too late for transitional armour? or maybe partial plate units should be pushed a little bit ahead in time as to avoid the overlapping of the two techs?
    will try your suggestion for siege works, hope you'll find a way to fix it!

ok now its more clear, thanks for the explanation! maybe 320/360 (1292/1312) it's a bit too late for transitional armour? or maybe partial plate units should be pushed a little bit ahead in time as to avoid the overlapping of the two techs?
    will try your suggestion for siege works, hope you'll find a way to fix it!
    I haven't worked on the armour system, it was developped for the base Stainless Steel as part of the RealCombat/RealRecruitment system. I wouldn't like to change anything as changing one detail may break the whole system.