Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Why does campaign difficulty get reverted to normal for human players other than the first one in hotseat? (At the very least according to the scroll messages)
    I'm now using the original cfg file.
    no idea :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    I checked the pope in my current game and pope's trait says Contact Devs if you see this because it shouldnt be visible. Is there any way I can help you with this reporting? let me know
    IIRC I have fixed this one for the next release. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    i try to do everything i can to have them be "brave". i send them into fights, constantly, i try not ever defend but initiate fights, i score great victories. the faltering courage just seems kind of confusing sometimes, and the only common thread i could tie to it seemed to be physically running away from a unit in battle. the last battle i had, both armies were very high, balanced chances, general fought. i'll just keep testing it
    well, these are the triggers:

Code:
    ;========================================================================================= Brave and Coward;------- Brave and Coward  -------------------------------
    ;=========================================================
    ;--- BRAVE: levels(points): 1(1),2(3),3(6),4(10),5(15)
    ;--- COWARD: levels(points): 1(2),2(3),3(4),4(6),5(8)

;--------------------------------------------------------- Brave from Battles

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Battle_Brave_Killed_Enemies
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
        and BattleOdds <= 3
        and GeneralNumKillsInBattle > 10
    	and Trait Haemophobic < 1
    	and Trait Coward > 0

Affects Brave 1 Chance 15 

Trigger Battle_Brave_Killed_Enemies_Many
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
        and BattleOdds <= 3
        and GeneralNumKillsInBattle > 95
    	and Trait Coward > 0

Trigger Battle_Brave_Bodyguard_Loss
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
        and BattleOdds <= 3
        and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 40
    	and Trait Coward > 0

Trigger Battle_Brave_Enemy_General_Killed
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    	and BattleOdds <= 3
    	and NumKilledGenerals > 0
    	and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 10
    	and Trait Coward > 0

;--------------------------------------------------------- Coward from Battles
    ; the challenge of adjusting parameters in Conditions is:
    ; they should punish the behaviour of too-safe play by the player:
    ; - a general is just watching the battle, not participating
    ; - the player is autoresolving a risky battle (not to mention save-and-reload...)
    ; - the player is withdrawing having seen the risky odds
    ; but should not punish autoresolving unimportant battles

Trigger BattleCoward_No_Killed_Enemies
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    	and BattleOdds < 2.0						; 3.0 was too much for autoresolving
    	and GeneralNumKillsInBattle < 2
    	and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel = 4	; only for VeryHard
    	and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 15						; to keep it low... otherwise too many autoresolve give it

Trigger BattleCoward_No_Real_Fight
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
        and BattleOdds < 1.2
        and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 20
    	and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 33 

Trigger BattleCoward_Loss_Without_Fight
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
        and not WonBattle
        and BattleOdds < 2.0
        and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 50
    	and Trait CounterOfBattles < 6			; to avoid a paradox of a coward experienced general
    	and Trait Brave > 0

;------------------------------------------  at some point it was said that BattleGeneralRouted is broken. To be watched.
    Trigger BattleCoward_Routed
     WhenToTest BattleGeneralRouted

Condition IsGeneral
    	and Trait CounterOfBattles < 6			; to avoid a paradox of a coward experienced general; one may add more conditions here
    	and Trait GoodCommander < 2
    	and Trait Brave < 1   

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66

Trigger BattleCoward_Routed_Teenager
     WhenToTest BattleGeneralRouted

Condition IsGeneral
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0	 
    	and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66

Trigger Coward_Withdraw_Before_Battle_Even_Odds
     WhenToTest PreBattleWithdrawal

Condition IsGeneral
        and I_WithdrawsBeforeBattle
        and BattleOdds > 0.7
        and BattleOdds < 1.7
    	and Trait Brave > 0

;--------------------------------------------------------- Brave and Coward - other reasons

;--------------------------------------------------------- Avoiding Contraditions in Character
    Trigger BattleCoward_No_Contradiction_CounterOfBattles
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and WonBattle
           and Trait Coward > 0
    	   and Trait CounterOfBattles > 1

Affects Coward -1 Chance 50

Trigger BattleCoward_No_Contradiction_Vanquisher
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and WonBattle
           and Trait Coward > 0	   
           and Trait Vanquisher > 0

Affects Coward -1 Chance 50

;--------------------------------------------------------- Conducting a Safe Life
    Trigger Coward_In_City
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsGeneral
        and RemainingMPPercentage > 90
        and SettlementBuildingExists > wooden_wall
    	and Trait Wantschool < 1							; to exclude those who're learning	   
        and RandomPercent > 50
    	and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 2

Trigger Coward_In_City_No_Experience
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsGeneral 
           and RemainingMPPercentage > 95
    	   and Trait Wantschool < 1	   
    	   and Trait CounterOfBattles < 1	   				; adult but never commanded a battle
           and RandomPercent > 50

;--------------------------------------------------------- Selfperpetuation

Trigger Brave_Selfperpetuating_OldAge
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Brave > 2
           and Trait Senile > 0 

Affects Brave 1 Chance 10 

Trigger Coward_Selfperpetuating

Condition Trait Coward > 0
           and Trait Wantschool < 1 

;--------------------------------------------------------- NoGoingBack

Trigger Coward_NoGoingBack

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Coward < 5
           and Trait Coward > 3

Affects Coward 10 Chance 100

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    no idea :-(
    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried the same thing with a fresh download/extract (after renaming the previous one so that I don't have to change the .cfg in the new one), as well as making the medieval2prefrence.cfg in the main game folder not read-only, as I have set it upon buying Med2TW DE, but the result was the same.

I've noted that changing the seat of power doesn't cost a penny in a multiplayer hotseat campaign as opposed to having an instant deduction of 2000 florins(?) when in a single player campaign (with Hungary). Is this a clue for something in the scripts?

Last questions in the matter before giving up on it altogether:
    1. Does any of this happen with everyone (please do try, it takes 30 seconds) or perhaps to no-one else but me (which would mean that this is a non-replicable bug isolated to my PC)?
    2. Might it be that this is the only mod that lets you know the actual difficulty that the respective human players (human factions) are on (via scrolls) therefore the problem stated above might happen in every mod but the player just won't know about it in those other mods? Because since 2006 I've played with many mods without this problem ever occurring and/or me ever noticing.
    3. Might it be that the scrolls are mistaken about the campaign difficulty (and consequently my perception is off about the non-first factions having it too easy (normal) as opposed to the first (hard))?
    (I set the hard campaign difficulty after selecting the factions to play as)
    Last edited by benczeb90; November 27, 2023 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added the 2nd paragraph

I only know that when using "control faction" console command, every faction except the starting one will revert to the normal difficulty, and that's seems to be general mtw2 problem. Check this link for example.

Here is a post that claims fixing it, but actually it only adjusts the kings' purse in hotseat mode, to make it kind of more difficult.
    Last edited by Macaras; November 27, 2023 at 02:36 PM.

Interestingly, this new SP save with Hungary on H/M difficulty did not result in the money deduction if I had a captain lead the troops and not a general.
    Also on turn 2 I got this Attention! Uwaga! etc scroll saying in the text part that I'm on Very hard difficulty ... and it's ending with something like if I don't like this why not play Hard or Normal difficulty instead?

I mean, what the heck?

EDIT: The "Costly army" money deduction script started at turn 3
    Last edited by benczeb90; November 27, 2023 at 03:24 PM. Reason: EDIT line

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I only know that when using "control faction" console command, every faction except the starting one will revert to the normal difficulty, and that's seems to be general mtw2 problem. Check this link for example.
    And I tried that as well, starting out with many factions and then giving off control of most of them to the AI except 2 or 3 factions I ended up wanting to play. But the same thing happened when I did not mess with modifying control.

Thanks for replying!
    Last edited by benczeb90; November 27, 2023 at 02:44 PM.

Interestingly, this new SP save with Hungary on H/M difficulty did not result in the money deduction if I had a captain lead the troops and not a general.
    Also on turn 2 I got this Attention! Uwaga! etc scroll saying in the text part that I'm on Very hard difficulty ... and it's ending with something like if I don't like this why not play Hard or Normal difficulty instead?

I mean, what the heck?
    Actually, I don't understand what happened? I found one thing may be interesting for you. There is an application that allows changing campaign difficulty modifying the sav. It's called med manager. Maybe you can use it somehow. I was thinking that it could be an interesting way of playing the game changing the faction after 100 turns for ex, but keeping the difficulty in VH. I will test this program as well.

Hello,
    I have an issue when trying to build templar chapter houses when playing a faction other than Jerusalem.
    The building doesn't appear in the construction list anywhere.
    I'm on sship 0.98 and I'm playing France around turn 110, it should be available almost everywhere.

I looked around in the EDB file and it seems the conditions for both levels of the building templars_chapter_house are wrong.

Here is the unlock condition for the first level of the building :
    Code:
    templars_minor_ch requires factions { jerusalem, } or factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house and not event_counter templar_independence 1
    If I read the comments on top of the file, you need a dummy condition trick when using a negative condition in a building level unlock condition.

So it should be instead:

For level templars_minor_ch
    Code:
    templars_minor_ch requires factions { jerusalem, } or factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house and not event_counter templar_independence 1 or event_counter dummy 1
    For level templars_major_ch
    Code:
    templars_major_ch requires factions { jerusalem, } or factions { england, france, scotland, denmark, norway, hungary, poland, papal_states, pisa, sicily, venice,  } and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house and not building_present_min_level st_johns_chapter_house st_johns_minor_ch and not event_counter templar_independence 1 or event_counter dummy 1
    I tried in game and the buildings appear as expected, hope it helps !

Thanks Macaras!

Oh yes I've tried this as well. I could not get it working. As far as I remember trying to locate the medieval.exe crashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by khorgoht View Post
    Hello, I have an issue when trying to build templar chapter houses when playing a faction other than Jerusalem.
    The building doesn't appear in the construction list anywhere. I'm on sship 0.98 and I'm playing France around turn 110, it should be available almost everywhere.
    I looked around in the EDB file and it seems the conditions for both levels of the building templars_chapter_house are wrong.
    yep, this building will be completely re-done for the next version:
    Code:
    ;================================================================================================================================;================================================================================================================================
    ;---- Military Orders --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;================================================================================================================================
    ;================================================================================================================================

; may use: and region_religion catholic 50
    ; delete Knights of Montesa in EDB
    ; the split for various factions is the preparation for coding each faction on the basis of historical circumstances

; Evolution:
    ; - beginning: only Templar Knights in the Holy Land
    ; - after Hospitaller Militarise: also Hospitallers
    ; - a kind of event in Spain: Santiago there
    ; - after Hattin: perhaps 
    ; - after Heavy Mail - more units 

;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@    MILITARY ORDERS
    building military_orders_building
    {
      convert_to military_orders_building
      levels military_orders1 military_orders2 military_orders3 military_orders4
      {
    	;==============================================================================================================================
    	;------- Military Orders Outpost ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    	;==============================================================================================================================

military_orders1 requires factions { denmark, norway, scotland, england, france, jerusalem, hre, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, poland, hungary, } and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and event_counter is_the_ai 1 or event_counter military_orders_buildings_allowed 1 and event_counter is_the_player 1 and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house or hidden_resource st_johns_chapter_house or hidden_resource teutonic_knights_chapter_house or hidden_resource knights_of_santiago_chapter_house
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
    		;--- BONUSES --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

law_bonus bonus -1															; the Orders are unruly, contesting the local power
    			law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { all, } and region_religion islam 50

happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter early_era 1 and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource england
    			happiness_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter high_era 1 and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource england
    			happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter late_era 1 and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource england

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    			trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;--- AGENTS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agent priest  0  requires factions { jerusalem, }
    		agent_limit priest 0
    		agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { jerusalem, }

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    		; UPKEEP/INCOME	
    			income_bonus bonus 50 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    			income_bonus bonus 50 requires factions { hre, } and hidden_resource hre and event_counter teutonic_hospital_founded 1
    			income_bonus bonus -50 requires factions { france, england, scotland, norway, denmark, poland, hungary, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, papal_states, }

;*************************************************************************************************************************************
    		;--- UNITS' RECRUITMENT ALL ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    		; only mounted knights in limited numbers, coming after some time --------------------------------------------------------------------
    		;
    		;*************************************************************************************************************************************
    			; pro memoria: HISTORICAL DATES
    			;	  5: ORDER_OMNE_DATUM_OPTIMUM_BULL
    			;	 16: lateran_council2 : crossbow forbidden by papacy
    			;	 50-100: ORDER_KNIGHTS_HOSPITALLER_MILITARISE
    			;	 60-100: ORDER_SANTIAGO_KNIGHTS_FOUNDED
    			;	 80-120: ORDER_TEUTONIC_HOSPITAL_FOUNDED
    			;	120-200: ORDER_TEUTONIC_ORDER_FOUNDED
    			;	 90: lateran_council3
    			;	110: BATTLE_HATTIN
    			;	140: HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR
    			;	170: lateran_council4

;=================================================================================================================================
    			;------------------ KNIGHTS TEMPLAR: available in - France, Aragon, England, Jerusalem - ------------------	

; Holy Land: instantly
    			recruit_pool	"Knights Templar"		1	0.05	2  0  requires factions { jerusalem, england, france, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, poland, hungary, } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1 and hidden_resource jerusalem

; France: lateran_council3 
    			recruit_pool	"Knights Templar"		1	0.05	2  0  requires factions { jerusalem, england, france, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, poland, hungary, } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1 and event_counter lateran_council3 1 and hidden_resource france

; England: BATTLE_HATTIN 
    			recruit_pool	"Knights Templar"		1	0.05	2  0  requires factions { jerusalem, england, france, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, poland, hungary, } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1 and event_counter BATTLE_HATTIN 1 and hidden_resource england and not hidden_resource france

; Aragon: HEAVY_MAIL
    			recruit_pool	"Knights Templar"		1	0.05	2  0  requires factions { jerusalem, england, france, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, poland, hungary, } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource aragon and not hidden_resource france
    Code:
    	;======================================================================================================
    	;======================================================================================================
    	;-------- MILITARY ORDERS -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mind that for each Latin faction there's a special section setting the counters:
    			;---------- Excommunicated and Military Orders Buildings Allowed

; Further modding:
    	; - for each faction there should be another condition
    	;    or better a mechanism involving a Crusade undertaken by the local FL
    	; - perhaps a crusade should give the KoJ additional units to the recruitment pools (and this should be the main source of MO units in the game)

; For the future: possible events to be used:
    	; TEMPLAR_GREED
    	; TEMPLAR_ORDER_DISSOLVED

set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1					; set to 0 each player's turn, then set to 1 just below - crucial for the EDB
    	set_event_counter military_orders_buildings_allowed 0			; enables building in EDB
    	set_event_counter templars_recruitment_enabled 0
    	set_event_counter hospitallers_recruitment_enabled 0
    	set_event_counter teutonic_hospital_founded 0
    	set_event_counter teutonic_knights_chapter_building_enabled 0
    	set_event_counter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled 0
    	set_event_counter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled 0
    	set_event_counter teutonic_marienburg_built 0

;====================================================================================================== NO UNITS IF LOW STANDING / EXCOMMUNICTIED
    	;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    	monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled
    		and GlobalStanding > -0.3
    		and not FactionExcommunicated

set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1					; only for the player, the AI factions have triggers at the beginning of the script

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic == 0
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

end_monitor
    	;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave

log ------------------ Templars -----------------------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter templars_recruitment_enabled < 1
    		and I_TurnNumber > 9												; historically in 1139 (turn 14)
    			if RandomPercent < 20
    				historic_event ORDER_OMNE_DATUM_OPTIMUM_BULL
    				set_event_counter templars_recruitment_enabled 1
    			end_if
    			if I_TurnNumber > 20											; fall-back after 10 years (1142)
    			and I_EventCounter templars_recruitment_enabled < 1				; if it has just happened
    				historic_event ORDER_OMNE_DATUM_OPTIMUM_BULL
    				set_event_counter templars_recruitment_enabled 1
    			end_if
    		end_if

log ------------------ Knights Hospitaller -------------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter hospitallers_recruitment_enabled < 1
    			if I_CrusadeInProgress											; kicks-off at the first crusade
    			and RandomPercent < 20
    				log ---  Knights Hospitaller Militarise At Crusade ---
    				historic_event ORDER_KNIGHTS_HOSPITALLER_MILITARISE
    				set_event_counter hospitallers_recruitment_enabled 1
    			end_if
    			if I_TurnNumber > 60											; fall-back after 30 years
    				log ---  Knights Hospitaller Militarise Fall-back ---
    				historic_event ORDER_KNIGHTS_HOSPITALLER_MILITARISE
    				set_event_counter hospitallers_recruitment_enabled 1
    			end_if
    		end_if

log ------------------ Teutonic Order -------------------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter teutonic_hospital_founded < 1
    		and I_TurnNumber > 80
    		and RandomPercent < 20		
    			log ---  Teutonic Hospital Triggers ---		
    			if I_NumberOfSettlements jerusalem < 6							; Kingdom of Jerusalem is in trouble
    				set_event_counter teutonic_hospital_founded 1
    			end_if
    			if not I_SettlementOwner Jerusalem = jerusalem
    			end_if
    			if not I_SettlementOwner Antioch = jerusalem
    			end_if
    			if I_TurnNumber > 120
    				set_event_counter teutonic_hospital_founded 1				; fall-back after 60 years (year 1192)
    			end_if
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter teutonic_knights_chapter_building_enabled < 1		; this 2-stage process was for the previous SSHIP, might be simplyfied in the future
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_hospital_founded > 0
    		and I_SettlementOwner Acre = jerusalem
    			log ---  Teutonic Hospital Founded ---
    			historic_event ORDER_TEUTONIC_HOSPITAL_FOUNDED factions { jerusalem, hre, france, england, scotland, norway, denmark, poland, hungary, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, }
    			set_event_counter teutonic_knights_chapter_building_enabled 1
    			add_events
    				event	counter	teutonic_order_founded
    				date	20
    			end_add_events
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter teutonic_order_founded = 1
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled < 1
    			log ---  Teutonic Order Founded ---
    			historic_event ORDER_TEUTONIC_ORDER_FOUNDED factions { jerusalem, hre, france, england, scotland, norway, denmark, poland, hungary, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, }
    			set_event_counter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled 1
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 200												; fall-back (year 1232)
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled < 1
    			log ---  Teutonic Knights Fall-back ---
    			set_event_counter teutonic_order_founded 1
    			set_event_counter teutonic_knights_chapter_building_enabled 1
    			set_event_counter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled 1
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 300												; place holder - to be replaced once Marienburg is coded (year 1282)
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_marienburg_built < 1
    			log ---  Teutonic Knights Fall-back ---
    			set_event_counter teutonic_marienburg_built 1
    		end_if

log ------------------ Order of Santiago ---------------------------------------------------------------

if I_TurnNumber > 50
    		and I_CrusadeInProgress												; during a crusade
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements moors > 7									; if the power of the Muslims is still significant
    		and RandomPercent < 50
    		and I_EventCounter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled < 1
    			log ---  Order of Santiago Founded --
    			historic_event ORDER_SANTIAGO_KNIGHTS_FOUNDED factions { jerusalem, hre, france, england, scotland, norway, denmark, poland, hungary, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, }
    			set_event_counter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled 1
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 100												; fall-back
    		and I_EventCounter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled < 1
    			log ---  Order of Santiago Founded Fall-back ---
    			historic_event ORDER_SANTIAGO_KNIGHTS_FOUNDED factions { jerusalem, hre, france, england, scotland, norway, denmark, poland, hungary, pisa, venice, sicily, spain, portugal, aragon, }
    			set_event_counter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled 1
    		end_if	

log ------------------ termination --------------------------------------------------------------------- to be removed once integrated with the main monitor_events

if I_EventCounter hospitallers_recruitment_enabled == 1
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_knights_recruitment_enabled == 1
    		and I_EventCounter santiago_knights_recruitment_enabled == 1
    		and I_EventCounter teutonic_marienburg_built == 1
    			log ---  Orders Script Termination ---
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

end_monitor

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

campaign difficulty changes - does this get touched by the script in some way? Like 'first human (FactionIsLocal?) at level 3, everyone else at level 2' - which then would also affect other human players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    campaign difficulty changes - does this get touched by the script in some way? Like 'first human (FactionIsLocal?) at level 3, everyone else at level 2' - which then would also affect other human players.
    Thanks for your interest in the matter, Gigantus.
    So I went ahead and tested it choosing different hotseat campaign difficulty settings. It doesn't matter if I select Very Hard or Easy. For the 2nd human faction the scroll's going to say it's on Normal difficulty. For this tiny test I did not deselect the Venice faction which seems to be the default one, and selected one other faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post

Here is a post that claims fixing it, but actually it only adjusts the kings' purse in hotseat mode, to make it kind of more difficult.
    I just visited this thread and this is the relevant portion of it, for anyone interested:
    "CampaignDifficulty is now set always to very_hard (Script wise). Info: CampaignDifficulty is bugged in Hotseat. It will be set to Normal on 2nd Players Turn. I'm not sure if it also affect some hardcoded game logic, but it will now no longer effect the campaign_scipt. It ist now always set to very_hard (Only in Hotseat)"

You might be right saying that this is a bug inherent to medieval 2's hotseat mechanics and not the mod's own error.
    So how come I haven't noticed it before? (Noticed* as in noticing the lack of challenge) I've played TATW (and later DaC (and later AGO)) and Riothamus' IB2 in hotseat mod for ages and ages and this guy seems to have fixed (or have put a bandage on) the problem only in 2019. I'm appallled haha.
    Last edited by benczeb90; November 28, 2023 at 03:29 AM.

Hey there,

I am playing Polish faction. 2 turns ago I received notification that Prussian region (Królewiec, can't remember how it was called before I conquered it) will rebel for sure unless I will give them 3000 florins and even that sum of money does not guarantee they will stay peaceful. I didn't receive any options to confirm that I agree or not, btw.

The game crashed while trying to get to the next turn, however I restarted it and managed to pass that turn. Sadly though the game crashes everytime now. My guess is that the rebelion is starting, but it's bugged.

Note: when they first rebelled many turns ago (without any warning), they rebelled as Lithuania, despite I didn't claim the city from than faction, but from the "gray rebels". But at that moment Lithuania is gone, because they choose to pick a fight with me

I would post some logs or attach a saved file, but it seems that such posts go (and get stuck) in the moderation queue Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Quote Originally Posted by Radosław of Bielitz View Post
    Hey there,
    I am playing Polish faction. 2 turns ago I received notification that Prussian region (Królewiec, can't remember how it was called before I conquered it) will rebel for sure unless I will give them 3000 florins and even that sum of money does not guarantee they will stay peaceful. I didn't receive any options to confirm that I agree or not, btw.
    The game crashed while trying to get to the next turn, however I restarted it and managed to pass that turn. Sadly though the game crashes everytime now. My guess is that the rebelion is starting, but it's bugged.
    Note: when they first rebelled many turns ago (without any warning), they rebelled as Lithuania, despite I didn't claim the city from than faction, but from the "gray rebels". But at that moment Lithuania is gone, because they choose to pick a fight with me
    I would post some logs or attach a saved file, but it seems that such posts go (and get stuck) in the moderation queue Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Hi Radoslaw,
    1. I'm sorry there's such a crash. Must be coding problem indeed, I'd like to investigate it as the Prussian uprising is my coding and it should be tested (in my tests, there's no crash, so I'm really into seeing your file).
    2. first rebel - was it just after you've conquered the Prussia province? If yes, that one was a product of another script.
    3. moderation queue - you mean nobody answers at the TWC or another problem? Frankly speaking, I usually answer all issues (even though many times "I don't know", and sometimes after more than few days) and look at all files, so maybe you mean something different.
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

It seems that the moderation queue finally got some attention. Thanks! And sorry for all the mess because it seems that 3 versions of the same post got through. I originally thought that using "code" tags or attaching file gets me on hold, so after waiting a while I made a second and a third attempt.
    I am quoting myself here because this post is the most complete one, when it comes to information. It has a log fragment and a saved file attached.

Please let me know if I can provide any further information

Quote Originally Posted by Radosław of Bielitz View Post
    Hey there,

Some logs, not sure if it's relevant:

Code:
    10:26:44.326 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.326 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.329 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.329 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.333 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.333 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.337 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.337 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.341 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.341 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.344 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.344 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.348 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.348 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.351 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.351 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.354 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.354 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.427 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    10:26:44.427 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    10:26:44.492 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Saved fame file:
    Attachment 369733

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Radoslaw,
    1. I'm sorry there's such a crash. Must be coding problem indeed, I'd like to investigate it as the Prussian uprising is my coding and it should be tested (in my tests, there's no crash, so I'm really into seeing your file).
    2. first rebel - was it just after you've conquered the Prussia province? If yes, that one was a product of another script.
    3. moderation queue - you mean nobody answers at the TWC or another problem? Frankly speaking, I usually answer all issues (even though many times "I don't know", and sometimes after more than few days) and look at all files, so maybe you mean something different.
    cheers
    JoC
    Hey Jurand,

1. Please find the file attached in my previous post
    2. The first rebelion was just after I conquered the settlement. It looked as it was scripted because the setttlement was green at the time of that first rebelion. What I found strange is that they rebelled as Lithuanian. BUT the situation I am describing now (i.e the crash) happens many turns after that event. Shortly before I am informed that "your governor asks for some hard cash florins to bribe the Prussians and make them stay peaceful".
    3. Each time I posted my bug reported I got a confirmation message that my post was scheduled for the moderation queue. However, since nothing happened for more than a day, and I since had similar struggles with registering my account (I even messaged the Twitter accountr as per FAQ. Who reads the FAQ? You know, I must've been desperate ) I began searching for more information on how can I request assistance and found https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Moderation-FAQ where it reads: "Every moderator has assigned forums they know well. Some moderators (and all admins) have global permission to moderate at any given part of the forum."
    Hence my comment here and my post in the other thread.

(*fingers crossed* that this post will go through as well )

Hello,

I am still playing my first campaign and I've to say: WOW what an awesome mod! I LOVE IT, you really caught the feeling of brutal medieval age, I play as Hungary because Kingdom Come: Deliverance inspired me to play as the hungarians. It is an challenge!

However, I have tried to google and search for HOW exactly do you change heir? I accidentally picked a bastard and filthy blood as heir to the throne, I have groomed a superb pureblooded Prince but I cant change the heir to him.

So far I've tried following:
    Pressing Scroll mouse, pressing zoom to button, rolling zoom in... them all in the Family tree page. But it doesn't work, I guess I didn't really understood that mechanism. Anyone kind to explain me how to change heir?

thank you in advance
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

However, I have tried to google and search for HOW exactly do you change heir? I accidentally picked a bastard and filthy blood as heir to the throne, I have groomed a superb pureblooded Prince but I cant change the heir to him.
    Tough luck, you have a choice only after death of a FL or a FH - but not in the meanwhile.

Pressing Scroll mouse, pressing zoom to button, rolling zoom in... them all in the Family tree page. But it doesn't work, I guess I didn't really understood that mechanism. Anyone kind to explain me how to change heir?

thank you in advance
    horse riding accident. into 100 pikes. damn, what a tragedy

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

thank you in advance
    Check the original thread: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...cting-the-heir

Open the 'sample photos of the script' drop down and check the second picture - it will show which button is meant (bottom left in pic)